Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Designer Pro Survey

I restarted Xara Designer Pro X this afternoon and was greeted with a choice to do a 5 minute survey. So Magix/Xara at least are using a new approach to it's customers. It's not overly long either.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro Survey

Yes I filled it out..
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP

Sorry to hear that.
    IP

I took the opportunity. Not often do I get to do this.
    IP

hummm.. I wonder if this is a version 15 only thing...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

They ask you to identify which product you are using.
    IP

I completed it too.

It's a shame that the survey was done so poorly that the 3 important features to add for the next version are going to be from a list of 6 incredibly inconsequential items that I wouldn't care if I never saw, and XARA are going to say "but you voted for them". Really ... You think anyone using Xara even semi-professional is going to want "New text functions, e.g. for name badges, cards & invitations" ...

Are these really the six best additions they can come up with ... again, I think that they are losing the plot. People have been asking for new updated vector tools for 10 years ... and this is what we get to pick from.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018.08.01_21h23m57s_001_.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	121759

Once again, I don't want and I don't believe that professional designers EVER work from templates. This is definitely fast becoming hobbyist software. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but in my opinion it WAS professional software.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

The first option, New Text..., sounds like a merge or variable text thing. But I don't know because if so, it should be worded that way.

There are a lot of on-line and specific stand-alone solutions for generating palettes that I don't think an in-app solution is worthy.

How can editing a PDF be any easier than with Xara products? It's pretty darn good now.

As for the rest? Useless to me and seeing how they update those 3 anyway, they shouldn't even be on the survey.

It seems like with these types of surveys, no one making them spends little if any time in the Dear Xara section.
    IP

@Gary - which product ok... but are the surveys just going out to the latest versions?

@Keith - thanks for the list; I guess xara don't want to hear 'none of the above'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I didn't get the survey option and if I go to menu> help> more designer pro x >online survey, I get a not available message.
    Not that I intended to fill it out because I don't do surveys because the questions are always pointing in a pre-intended direction.
    As shown by Keith it is also in this case.
    Besides, the dear xara has a ton of suggestions to make the program better,let somebody do his job and collect those suggestion and create the tools we want.
    Don't smack us with surveys that are only suggestive and that makes a point of direction valid ,as it simply isn't
    Last edited by haakoo; 02 August 2018 at 10:17 AM.
    IP