Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default MAKING XARA MY NEW GO TO TABLE TOOL!

A family member asked me if I could do a little chart for them... and exercise thing they do... I said "sure".

So I said booted up Xara and thought "hey, maybe I'll take a look at the new table tool". I gotta say, I'm impressed. No... I'm more than impressed.

I usually go into MS Word because it has a very good table tool... or sometimes CorelDraw because it also has a pretty good table
    tool also... but has more design features and control (when I need it) than MS Word.

But Xara's table tool...? It has them both beat. Yes I could think of a thing or two to be added to its capabilities,
    but I actually don't care since I don't use table tools for data. I use it for design and layout.

Xara's table tool, paired with Xara's total freedom of design tools makes this another very useful design/layout tool... (for me)

As Pres. Trump would say... "I like it a lot"!

Here's the little chart I made for her in about 10 minutes without ever using the table tool before... simple to learn.

Not a big deal nor earth shattering... the point is that it's easy, and can be as powerful a design feature as your Xara skills will allow it to be.

http://mockupsites.xara.hosting/exercisechart/

Cliff

Default Re: MAKING XARA MY NEW GO TO TABLE TOOL!

Good to hear.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: MAKING XARA MY NEW GO TO TABLE TOOL!

nifty table cmpan1 I have used the table tool do do a similar chart for my husband and it took just a few mins. I also used the tables to create a customised hours sign for work complete with a textured background again it took just a few mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.