Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: v15.1

Default v15.1

Am I cracking up (very possible)? When I open the content catalogue - websites, I see a list of the various templates but nothing to indicate if a template is (R) responsive or has a mobile variant. Did I imagine that I'd seen that in an earlier version?

Default Re: v15.1

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Rat View Post
    Am I cracking up (very possible)? When I open the content catalogue - websites, I see a list of the various templates but nothing to indicate if a template is (R) responsive or has a mobile variant. Did I imagine that I'd seen that in an earlier version?
    Fat Rat, Xara used to but probably found it tedious to add an (R).

The best I can do for you is open https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro...es/themes/v15/ and preview your Website Theme then reduce the width of your browser until the responsive site kicks in. The typical break-point is around 1440px.

In the Online Content Catalogue, i have used a Search for "navbar" and simply walked down the themes one-by-one.
    If both a vertical and a horizontal navbar are returned, it is a good guess it is responsive.

Perhaps they are all responsive now so all of the above could be ignored.
    Again, if Xara had told us, it would save all the guesswork.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

All non-business templates should be responsive, and any new ones as well so we've dropped the R and it's safe to assume they are all responsive.

Many of the business templates are from the older packs before we introduced responsive design, so they will show an R next to them if they are responsive or not. It's unlikely the designers will revisit the older ones and add a mobile variant due to it being a low priority job.

Thanks
    Rob

Lightbulb Re: v15.1

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    All non-business templates should be responsive, and any new ones as well so we've dropped the R and it's safe to assume they are all responsive.
    Many of the business templates are from the older packs before we introduced responsive design, so they will show an R next to them if they are responsive or not. It's unlikely the designers will revisit the older ones and add a mobile variant due to it being a low priority job.
    Thanks Rob
    Thank Rob. Here's a challenge for Xara to offer up. Let a Customer redesign any of the non-responsive business website designs and present back to Xara for adoption. Xara could offer an extension to their existing Update Service as a reward.

The winner could be chosen with fairly objective rules:
    1. Inclusion of a Guides Layer for Main and Variant.
    2. Variant designed for 480px width.
    3. Harmonious Variant NavBar, compliant with touch constraints.
    4. Recorded detail for any Main variation.
    5. Backward-compatible to XWDP and XDPX v12.
    6. Sensible inclusion of documented roll-over effects.

It might keep Egg getting more bored.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If it was up to me sure lol. But unfortunately it's not and I heavily doubt the modified templates would pass template testing (all the templates have gone through many cycles to get them where they are now).

If anyone does however I'd be happy to review it.

Rob, you might be surprised. It could also prove to Xara how dedicated its Customers are.

Even if it is a fail, those who try will have learned a lot about template design.

Acorn