Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Body Shaping in Photo and Graphic Designer

Hi,

I have a question about body shaping in Photo and Graphic Designer. I can change the shape of a body in a couple of my other photo editors, for instance "fat to skinny" or "skinny to fat", but I would like to be able to also do it in Xara.

I just upgraded to version 15 because I saw something about a "liquid' option on a web page that sounded like what I want could be done in the latest version, but I can't seem to find an option or anything in Help for this.

Is there an option in version 15 that allows changing the shape of a body (or anything) in a photo? Similar to the "Warp Brush" in Corel Paintshop Pro, or the "Body Shaper" in Cyberlink Photo Director?

Appreciate any help or information on this...

Default Re: Body Shaping in Photo and Graphic Designer

You should find it at FX 》 Deformation 》 Liquid Color

Hi jamesd,

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find an option for "FX" (or "Effects"), or anything similar. Could I be missing something in my setup?

* Update: I did finally find the "FX" button, but the only available option seems to be a "Setup" button, which takes me to the "Effects and Plugins" tab. No idea what to do from there...
    Last edited by CodeDog; 30 July 2018 at 09:59 PM.

Hi CodeDog, it is located in the flyout menu of the photo tool. That's where it is on v11, I know the location has changed in the past but should be there on v15 aswell

Thanks again, jamesd, I did finally find it. Doesn't work quite the way I expected, but it does work. I'll have to play with it.

Again, really appreciate the reply. I've been using Xara Web Designer for a long time, and really like the way it works, but even though I've owned Photo and Graphic Designer for a long time, I hadn't used it much. Need to put some time in on it...

Quote Originally Posted by CodeDog View Post
    Hi jamesd,

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find an option for "FX" (or "Effects"), or anything similar. Could I be missing something in my setup?

* Update: I did finally find the "FX" button, but the only available option seems to be a "Setup" button, which takes me to the "Effects and Plugins" tab. No idea what to do from there...
    You have to have an object selected to be able to add effects (FX) to it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

if your program version has a 'shape painter tool' look to the drop down menu on the info bar which has options that inculde 'warp' and 'warp fast' which you may find useful...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-08-01 08_39_48-Xara Designer Pro X - [Untitled1 _].jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	121743
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I could see this effect being handy for a seventies-style graphic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warp.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	121745  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I could see this effect being handy for a seventies-style graphic.
    Its handy for lots of things

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knights v Philip and Pope.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	121747  

Been playing with the Liquid Color option on a few photos, and it works quite well. I like the different options. Wish I had figured this out a long time ago. Other programs I have do a nice job also, but I do like Xara.

Thanks for the additional tip, handrawn. I had played with that option, and it's good to use in certain areas, but the Liquid Color jamesd referred me to did exactly what I needed.

I should spend more time here, very helpful members...