Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 16bit RGB export formats

I am having problems with colour banding (especially when I make bigger prints) due to the fact that Xara only exports in 8bit RGB formats. Any possibility to have 16bit export formats in the (near) future?

I have tried exporting to pdf in th highest possible quality but I do not see any improvement (apart from
    it taking hours to generate from my images).

I added this request in the "
    2016 - 2017 new feature requests"-thread but I fear that one is kinda dead, so I made a new thread.

Default Re: 16bit RGB export formats

it would be nice

export alone won't cure the banding - the gradient stepping will need to be upped to 16bit otherwise you will still be exporting 8bit info...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it would be nice

export alone won't cure the banding - the gradient stepping will need to be upped to 16bit otherwise you will still be exporting 8bit info...
    Hmm I thought that was clear but obviously not . Everything that has shading in it (including transparencies, blends et cetera). I would be happy if 16bit export would happen, for me it's less important to have it on screen as well.

Fred - Here are some articles on banding in gradient fills https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+avo...s&t=ffsb&ia=qa

If this link does not work from your location, this is the search phrase I used how to avoid banding in gradient fills

hopefully some of the links that Gary has provided will help
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...