Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help Please? Popup

I wonder if someone can help me. I have been using XWD for a year or two now and got on pretty well. I use quite a few panels with close buttons and they are fine. But I have spent half a day and totally stumped trying to close a browser delayed startup panel/layer when clicking on the layer. I tried a piece of code I downloaded from this forum but also got confused as I couldn't see any reference to the code posted in the header. Seems very complicated and I am surprised the developers didn't give you the option to close panel after a certain time i.e. 5 seconds. Are there any specific components I can insert and use that do this?
    Any help would be gratefully received as I would like to implement it into my new site.
    I have attached the page I was trying to implement it with just to show what I am wishing to do. It brings up a delayed text block (component) on page/browser open and I would just like to close it by clicking either on the panel or the page. Better still have it close automatically after 5 secs (maybe I could change the automatic close time in the code)... as I do not know how to code I am stumped.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Help Please? Popup

Quote Originally Posted by badgersurfer View Post
    I wonder if someone can help me. I have been using XWD for a year or two now and got on pretty well. I use quite a few panels with close buttons and they are fine. But I have spent half a day and totally stumped trying to close a browser delayed startup panel/layer when clicking on the layer. I tried a piece of code I downloaded from this forum but also got confused as I couldn't see any reference to the code posted in the header. Seems very complicated and I am surprised the developers didn't give you the option to close panel after a certain time i.e. 5 seconds. Are there any specific components I can insert and use that do this?
    Any help would be gratefully received as I would like to implement it into my new site.
    I have attached the page I was trying to implement it with just to show what I am wishing to do. It brings up a delayed text block (component) on page/browser open and I would just like to close it by clicking either on the panel or the page. Better still have it close automatically after 5 secs (maybe I could change the automatic close time in the code)... as I do not know how to code I am stumped.
    BS, can you upload your design (WEB/XAR) file instead; viewing the output is like walking through treacle. Also please provide the URL for the TG "code" you tried.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    BS, can you upload your design (WEB/XAR) file instead; viewing the output is like walking through treacle. Also please provide the URL for the TG "code" you tried.

Acorn
    I have found a component on the Xaramarketplace that is free called "Pop-up on Load"... I have managed to get it working quite easily and made a transparent panel that covers the text panel as the close button. It works perfect. Only trouble is that it doesn't currently work on my Mobile variant (the guy that developed it does say that) I don't know if you have any ideas on how to fix that problem?

BS As Acorn states:
    BS, can you upload your design (WEB/XAR) file instead; viewing the output is like walking through treacle.
    Without this and your mention of Xaramarketplace doesn't really help the wider TG members understand the issue
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    BS As Acorn states:Without this and your mention of Xaramarketplace doesn't really help the wider TG members understand the issue

Yep I hear what you say.... Here is my project... you need to download the Benjamin Moses Widget from https://www.xaramarketplace.com/prod...t/#prettyPhoto and follow the instructions to the letter...

It works great for me but as I say not with a variant... I don't know if that is achievable...?
    My close button is just a shape slightly large than the text shape and I made it 100% transparent. It is important that the layer is at top level...as you can see in the project.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Info Re: Help Please? Popup

Quote Originally Posted by badgersurfer View Post
    Yep I hear what you say.... Here is my project... you need to download the Benjamin Moses Widget from https://www.xaramarketplace.com/prod...t/#prettyPhoto and follow the instructions to the letter...

It works great for me but as I say not with a variant... I don't know if that is achievable...?
    My close button is just a shape slightly large than the text shape and I made it 100% transparent. It is important that the layer is at top level...as you can see in the project.
    BS, I am glad it works for you.

To make it work on a Variant, you just need to change the ID in both the head and the body of the copied Placeholder: XM_popCont1 would do.

As far as I can see, the pop-up doesn't autoclose after a delay.

Here is a cleaner mechanism that you might wish to develop from: Fancy OnLoad Pop-up.xar.
    The red dot controls how the pop-up opens.
    The Page code body fires up some JavaScript that delays the opening of the layer.
    The pop-up text block has a Name of "banner" and is in the Banner layer.
    The same shape and the red box behind use "popup: close" to close the Banner layer.

To make it work across Variants, I would probably build it all the same but have it showing on a separate Variant layer with nothing on the Main and for the current set-up have nothing on the Banner layer for the Variant.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat