Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Website Designer 15 Splash screen...?

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! That's the bloke....GWP
    Perhaps they could flip the screen so that he is looking the other way....

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Mike - I did a wildcard search for *.bmp in my Program Files > Xara folder and only came up with splash screens for Web Designer and Designer Pro version 10. I think they stopped using that method. And I could not find anything in Program Data or the App Data folders.
    It needs to reside in the installation folder, Bitmap folder.

I just did it for both XDP & P&GD. It doesn't exist on a fresh installation. You need to create the drawing, export as a bmp to splashscreen.bmp and copy it to the folder I mention--at least as long as there is not a difference between the two Xara applications I mention and the Webby versions.

Yep, Mike, that works!

Excellent, Gary.

Might be time for another splash screen thread. I haven't bothered to do a new splash screen for a few versions. Sounds like a fun thing to do with tomorrow's morning coffee.

well since windows bmp dosn't do alpha thoght I'd make it so small yuo can't actually see it - that works too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    well since windows bmp dosn't do alpha thoght I'd make it so small yuo can't actually see it - that works too
    Windows BMP format does support an alpha channel. It is just that Xara applications cannot handle the alpha channel in BMPs.

ok Miike - I rarely use the format these days...thaanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    It needs to reside in the installation folder, Bitmap folder.

I just did it for both XDP & P&GD. It doesn't exist on a fresh installation. You need to create the drawing, export as a bmp to splashscreen.bmp and copy it to the folder I mention--at least as long as there is not a difference between the two Xara applications I mention and the Webby versions.
    I thought Beardie man was going to implode soon but he hasn't and looking at the fact he is in their main XWD advertising stuff it's unlikely he will. It's pretty rare these days that software doesn't have the ability to turn off nag screens. Anyway looking at your reply you have fixed this issue with XDP and P&GD but not XWD so can I assume it cannot be changed as a search of my system files and hidden files brings up nothing in the way of splashy type bmps for me.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baldy.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	121767

It does work in WDP. I followed the instructions from this thread and now have my own splash screen, without a beard I might add. I used Printscreen to capture the area I wanted and it saved as a .bmp. Works for me anyway - WDP version 15.1.
    You won't find the beard guy .bmp. You just have to put a .bmp in the bitmaps folder named splashscreen.bmp as stated earlier in the thread and the program will use that.

I think if you just create an image to size, save it as splashscreen.bmp (.bmp file format) file at 96dpi in the Bitmaps folder it will load automatically.

550 x 387px
    Last edited by gwpriester; 03 August 2018 at 01:40 AM.