Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Embed Xara Presentation in a Website

I have never used the Xara Presentations. I want to create a presentation and then use it in a website. Since the Presentaion is website pages I guess I could use the embed a website widget to embed the presentation But it seems that it should be more straight forward than that. I searched but haven't found an answer of using a Presentation in a Website or Page. Help appreciated. Building it for a booth at a conference tomorrow.

Default Re: Embed Xara Presentation in a Website

Can a presentation "auto run". So it just walks through the steps without having to press anything for the next step or page?

Embed a website works.

Create the presentation as a site in a subfolder ("presentation").
    Alternatively, publish to the same location as the main website but change the first page filename from index to "pressie" or something unique to avoid a clash.
    Use the Embed a Website widget to some external URL then modify the source to "pressie.htm" for the same folder and "presentation/index.htm" for the sub-folder approach.

Why not just add a link from the website to open the presentation in a new window?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    Can a presentation "auto run". So it just walks through the steps without having to press anything for the next step or page?
    Xara never thought that one through.

Either siran or I coded up a timer to autorun and replay but that was quite a time back... ...https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...550#post465550.

Nothing like last minute.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Xara never thought that one through.

Nothing like last minute.

Acorn
    Well, but of course.

As always Acorn. Thanks for you reply and help. I do appreciate it.

So, guess it is off to Powerpoint or Movie Edit Pro after all. The auto run is necessary since it is a display at the vendor table.

Perhaps something like Auto Keyboard Presser v1.9 would work? Seems to fit the bill in that it will press any key for you and you can set a time interval between presses.