Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Default Re: Continuing Ron and Gary's discusssion. All are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    \

... not sure where you got your version 18, mine says 15.1
    Sorry!

I got my version out of thing air, Keith. As in, "This is your leg. I'm pulling it."

In a proper, consentual way, of course!

Sorry for the late reply.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marriage.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	122019

I added the textured backround and watercolor stroke using Rebelle (Escape Motion, a little more than $50, Win and Mac)

Wanna try it just for fun, online?

Play with a bevy of terrific real-world painting simulations

Name:	Rebelle to post.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	122020

Tuesday, already, huh?

Where did I misplace Monday?

Name:  Crawling-mannequin.gif
Views: 175
Size:  6.1 KB

Default Re: Abstract art and artists

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Truth be known, guys, Pablo was a commercial artist, not abstract, not expressionist. He was a chameleon of sorts—when an art style trended, he absorbed it into his repertoire—did it better usually than an original artist—and left a 7 or 8 figure estate for his kids.

Ironically, William Shakespeare was sort of a cultural/artistic shoplifter, too, but both he asnd Picasso gave more than they appropriated IMO.

I think it was Thomas Marlow, a peer in Shakespeare's age, who wrote Two Gentlemen of Verona, although historically Shakespeare is credited.

Ironically, an original though from Billy (?) was, "The play's the thing."

Meaning? No actor, or costume, or set design can substitute for the concept, the thought behind the play. Or the artwork, or the dance, you know?

Check out Jackson Pollack, Mondrian, Kandinsky, and especially one of my faves, Joan Miro (a guy) if you want inspiration to cut your teeth on Abstract Expressionism.

And a piece of absolute joy and expressionism, Nude Descending a Staircase, controversial at the time (because the word "nude" is in the title!) by Marcel DuChampo.

Fact be known, Picasso tracked DuChamp and his work scrupulously, imitated...sigh...prevailed.

Here's a crack at Miro using a photo of myself last year:

Attachment 121975

Cheers!

Gary
    I think you did very well with this Gare. I have been checking out Miro for the past few hours, I don't know much if anything about art history sad to say, I get my art history education from books, and here from you. I also have a friend that was an art history major in college. Incidentally when I get a few minuts I have been working on your lime image, hopefully I can come up with something I like. At the moment I'm trying a cubism type thing.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Abstract art and artists

My favorite artists at the moment are Richard Schmid, Van Gogh, and Cezanne.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Artists

All very expressive creative geniuses.

I gravitate toward artists in history who "took a chance", for what that's worth. To go perhaps against a trend or popularize an unknown one.

Icons. for the past few years, have trended toward minimalism.

Isn't that exciting that a relatively new technology chooses to draw from a classical art form for its UI?

Overall, I think it's very exciting that with the reality of the net and digital tools, artists from all over the world can comment, share, and marvel at the collective genius of expressive people today.

Name:  yogabot.gif
Views: 169
Size:  5.7 KB

Default Re: Continuing Ron and Gary's discusssion. All are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I added the textured backround and watercolor stroke using Rebelle (Escape Motion, a little more than $50, Win and Mac)
    that program looks interesting I'm going to have to try it, thanks

Name:	marriage.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	122019
    I know someone who married divorced married someone else all in the one year.... that would skew the symmetry

[that's without even going into poligamy, legal in some places]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default OH, gees!

No shame, and actually not that much pride in ownership so much as self-pleased with the results of the labor.

Like many artists whose Christian or Surname begins with a "g", in times when I was in the hospital or just had some idle time, or some idle time in the hospital (!), I designed G s, in the form of different logos.

Name:	Gees.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	122024

As you'll see, occasionally I needed to break down ("simplify") blend steps to better adjust the shading effect. If anyone would like to see the XAR files, pm me.

If I've shared this before, harshly remind me, okay?

I became eligible for Social Security last Sunday, and my memory wasn't what it...

where was I?

:)

Name:  modern-art-sig.gif
Views: 164
Size:  5.0 KB

Exclamation Icons

I use a fairly ancient Desktop program launcher called CoolTabs, which still works fine, thank you, under Win 10.

Oddly, small icons are not 32 pixels square but instead 35.

Rather than fuss with default icons to change their size when they sorta suck to begin with, I've created a series of icons in Xara.

Name:	my-new-icons.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	122380

Here's some from earlier 2018

Name:	lots o icons.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	122382

I've attached the XAR file in case you'd like to use them, or study them for your own icon adventures. Several of these icons might not mean anything; I use some obscure programs, and ones that just don't have a defauly icon I can remember or bear to look at!

I also have a request: Can we help to make tg less of a morgue? It's depressing to post stuff without any replies, and knowing that there are forums with more traffic whose product(s) is inferior to Xara.

TIA,

Name:  Crawling-mannequin.gif
Views: 268
Size:  6.1 KB

Gare
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Icons

Very nice and very creative, Gare!
    Ill try and do better.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Can we help to make tg less of a morgue? It's depressing to post stuff without any replies, and knowing that there are forums with more traffic whose product(s) is inferior to Xara.
    I agree Gary, TG is akin to walking around a deserted cemetery
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the file Gary, much appreciated.

Stygg