Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Yoga Active Pen 2 vs XDP15 experience

The battery was in the pack so sure it's a smaller AAA version just what the hell and how do I buy a replacement somewhere in Indonesia or where do I travel next. Could be just unreal.

Well I do believe it IS a wacom pen, at least that's what's stated. I don't trust an idea that wacom drivers could drive anything else but wacom. But I'll look into the pressure settings of the pen app, true.

Installing a wacom tablet and trying to tweak anything in general settings might be a workaround too (rather not, but let's check it out first)

Inkscape rocks in terms of pen, yeah. I wonder why Xara is still soo poor with wacom stuff, who works without it nowadays? Meh.

there are lots of sellers of AAAA batteries, including rechargable, on amazon uk... how much help that is to you in indonesia I am not sure, but if you cannot get them locally you may get them shipped from abroad, subject to any transportation regulations/restrictions

Sorry I am confused - you said the pen is a Lenovo Active Pen 2, are you also saying you think this is a wacom pen? or have I mis-understood?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

thanks Hans - well if you are using the wacom app for this pen then maybe it will have pressure sensitive settings... never used one [obviously] so I can't say - wacom drivers for wacom cintiq/intuos do is all I can say

[digging around it seems a Lenovo Active Pen 2 is a 'Wacom ActiveES Gen 13 pen']
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks Hans - well if you are using the wacom app for this pen then maybe it will have pressure sensitive settings... never used one [obviously] so I can't say - wacom drivers for wacom cintiq/intuos do is all I can say

[digging around it seems a Lenovo Active Pen 2 is a 'Wacom ActiveES Gen 13 pen']
    It does, ive just tweaked it up to 100% and now the lines stopped being invisible, but its still inadequate as hell((

Wacom ActiveES Gen 13 pen—thanx i ll google that name out maybe something pops up =)

so, this thread http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thre...-levels.71414/ suggests there are like number of pens compatible, including modern bamboo pens, which means that probably trying different vendors might lead to finding a more xara-compatible driver pack.

of maybe (just maybe) xara will make a better support of this hardware standard, since its now, like, everywhere. i deem its quite new, but i might be mistaken. whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    there are lots of sellers of AAAA batteries, including rechargable, on amazon uk... how much help that is to you in indonesia I am not sure, but if you cannot get them locally you may get them shipped from abroad, subject to any transportation regulations/restrictions

Sorry I am confused - you said the pen is a Lenovo Active Pen 2, are you also saying you think this is a wacom pen? or have I mis-understood?
    I'm not in Indoneisa now but well its a travelbook)))

L's AP 2 is a wacom enabled stuff, AFAIK, at least whatever driver it uses looks feels and even bugs 100% like wacom. And i guess i saw a w-word in its official description.

Does look familiar, doesnt it? =)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2018-07-27 13.03.33.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	121700 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2018-07-27 13.03.35.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	121701

Quote Originally Posted by joesla View Post

Does look familiar, doesnt it? =)
    These are the settings for the wacom cintiq - tip feel and customise:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-07-27 20_38_00-Window.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	121711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	customise.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	121712
    Nothing lasts forever...

So, what i did is download wacom win app. There is (surprise!) a link to it from the list of drivers on lenovo website. It did stay there is some missing stuff over there required to run the app, i've installed it and voila... Something did change. The pressure issue is not that bad now. Rather, still bad but bearable. Everything else remains the same but this alone is some improvement.