Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Info Re: Photography Website

Quote Originally Posted by bmcdon View Post
    OK, have spent another half day trying to obtain the above but no success. I'm now wondering if this is possible with Xara Web Designer and should I purchase a different package or am I just missing something obvious? I've designed two of my own business sites using Xara and have had no problems - just now with clicking on a photo in a photo grid gallery to open up an enlargement of the photo with photo details and possible purchase options.
    No you are not missing the obvious. Xara packaged the HiSlide JS viewer (http://highslide.com/) but constrained it in lots of quirky ways.

You have three routes:
    1. Learn/use simple HTML to add a long formatted text string into the Pop-up Title & Image Caption boxes.It is possible to add a couple of lines, links and a button.
    2. Play around with HiSlide API and parameters.
    3. Rethink and use Layers instead.

Hislide Gallery.xar is really a bad mash-up of ideas I've explored this morning.

Don't buy anything else for the moment; you have a lot of exploring to get through yet.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Photography Website

Again - thanks heaps Acorn - that is exactly what I needed and I've decided to try your Option 1 route using the Hislide Gallery.xar as a starting point. I have modified HTML coding in the past using Google to help.

I've copied your example into my Xara template. The only problem I have is that I am not getting the "Fuller details" to appear in web view - despite making sure I am using the same page names and code in the Pop-up Title & Image Caption boxes. The code I have is:

<h1>Default Heading 1 style</h1><button>Buy me!</button>

<div><a href="short.htm">Fuller details</a></div>

The page name the 'pictures' are on is 4.gallery and the Fuller details is 5.short. Any thoughts as I know there is something simple that I have not got right? Once I get this sorted, I think I can make good progress (hopefully).

Actually, I should add, that the first time I did it, it worked but the second time, with no change to the code, it didn't?? Yet when I use your file from above, repeatedly works.

Again, thanks so much for your help and the time to do the Hislide Gallery mock up.

Okay - had another play - "Fuller details" is there but not visible which means when I click where it should be, it takes me to the linked page. Really happy with this! Just not sure why the words don't appear at the bottom against the white

Back again - now on a roll and making good progress. By adding in HTML for font colour can now see the words to click on in order to link to more detail. For some reason, no matter what colour I specify always ends up as yellow/orange.
    Code for Image caption - <font size="5" color="black">Click to see photo details</font><div><a href="short.htm">
    I've probably got this wrong?

Again, thanks to Acorn for your help thus far which has enabled me to start making good progress - you are a great asset to the Forum!

Info Re: Photography Website

Quote Originally Posted by bmcdon View Post
    Back again - now on a roll and making good progress. By adding in HTML for font colour can now see the words to click on in order to link to more detail. For some reason, no matter what colour I specify always ends up as yellow/orange.
    Code for Image caption - <font size="5" color="black">Click to see photo details</font><div><a href="short.htm">
    I've probably got this wrong?

Again, thanks to Acorn for your help thus far which has enabled me to start making good progress - you are a great asset to the Forum!
    Try with <a href="short.htm" style="color: black; font-size: 14px;">Click to see photo details</a>

If you are doing a lot of styling, I would add a separate CSS file to the website header and use: <a href="short.htm" class="ShowDetails">Click to see photo details</a>

CSS:
    Code:
    <style>
    .ShowDetails {
      color: black;
      font-size: 14px;
      }
    </style>
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great, that works perfectly. Thanks again Acorn!