Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: popup layer

Default popup layer

Have created a popup layer for a notice on the site but I don't get the little cross to close the popup down. Am I doing something wrong.

Only started using this software yesterday.

Thanks
    Steve

Default Re: popup layer

Steve, welcome to Talkgraphics.

In Web Properties > Pop-up layer, there is a Settings... button that is enabled when you add a Layer form the drop-down.
    If you open the Pop-up setting dialog, you should untick "Close pop-up automatically" and then click the OK button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I don't see an "X" on the notices (using Chrome). Not really necessary either because they only show as the result of a mouseover and not as a clickable pop-up.

Boy, in Web Animation > Mouse-over > Show pop-up layer > Effect... button, you get to the same Pop-up settings dialog.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

have already done that but no effect either way

Quote Originally Posted by spd1954 View Post
    have already done that but no effect either way
    No effect in your uploaded site or in Preview?

If the former then clear your browser cache with Ctrl+F5.

Acorn

sorted, watched a video whiched helped.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spd1954 View Post
    sorted, watched a video whiched helped.
    Thanks
    Welcome. I can see its inclusion after I cleared my cache.

Acorn

At first I didn't notice the "i" button as I expected the mouseover notices but I see the "X" now too. Glad you got it sorted.