Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default website not updating in mcrosoft edge

I have recently made a change to my website. The changes appeared immediately in Firefox and in Chrome but after 2 days have not appeared in Microsoft edge. Any ideas why?

Default Re: website not updating in mcrosoft edge

With your site open in Edge, have you tried this key combination: Ctrl+F5?

Quote Originally Posted by chris999 View Post
    I have recently made a change to my website. The changes appeared immediately in Firefox and in Chrome but after 2 days have not appeared in Microsoft edge. Any ideas why?
    Just for you or all other viewers.

If you have purged your MS Edge browser cache then we would need the site URL to check with our browsers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics Chris

Browsers cache web pages. They store the graphics and other files on the server so when someone revisits your website, the page and graphics load quickly. This is good because your page loads quickly but not so good when you want to verify changes have been made.

Using Ctrl + F5 as Boy so wisely suggested forces the changes to appear in your browser.

The fact that you could see the changes in Firefox and Chrome make me confident that the changes were made.

Absolutely, as you state, the changes appear in other browsers, therefore the website has been updated. You NOT being able to view the latest website in YOUR Microsoft Edge can only be a local peculiarity to YOUR browser. You cannot have two different current websites being viewed from the same URL.

The only change to that statement would be IF you are viewing a HTM file in one, and a HTML file in the other. It is possible that the two exist together and reference different pages - although NOT likely.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks for all the replies. It seems to have updated in Microsoft Edge now.

The mindset "It seems to have updated in Microsoft Edge" is wrong. It's been updated for a while. It's more that Microsoft Edge is now showing the updated website, rather than an old cached version.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

you seem to be right. The changes have now disappeared again, probably I suppose because I re-updated yesterday ( still O.K. in Firefox and Chrome), BUT , if I type in index.html after the forward slash of the home page the changes re-appear.

In that case, use FTP software to list the remote folders and check that you don't have BOTH an index.htm AND an index.html ... If you have, delete the one you don't want (probably the index.htm). It's rare, but I've seen it happen before.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    In that case, use FTP software to list the remote folders and check that you don't have BOTH an index.htm AND an index.html ... If you have, delete the one you don't want (probably the index.htm). It's rare, but I've seen it happen before.
    Keith, good advice.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat