Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do you prove that WDP is Producing an RWD

I'm using Web Designer Premium 15 and have a running WEB Site, some members have complained that the site is very slow to load on their phones and i pads. I have assumed this is connected with the RWD version produced by Xara. My tablet and desktop work fine. Is there a setting I need to make and how can I test this without an iphone or ipad. Terry

Default Re: How do you prove that WDP is Producing an RWD

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    I'm using Web Designer Premium 15 and have a running WEB Site, some members have complained that the site is very slow to load on their phones and i pads. I have assumed this is connected with the RWD version produced by Xara. My tablet and desktop work fine. Is there a setting I need to make and how can I test this without an iphone or ipad. Terry
    Terry if you use Google, IE or Edge, press F12 to get to the Developer Tools.

In Google at least, there is a Toggle device toolbar (Ctrl+Shift+M) where you can pick the Responsive device form the drop down.

A quicker way is just to resize the browser viewport size.

Xara's approach includes all the Variant codes and images in one large package.
    That is your killer.

In the Developers Tool, there is a Performance tab, with which you can have fun.
    I also check the Sources tab.

Have fun,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That Ctrl/Shift/M works in Firefox as well. That is good to know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bkjohns View Post
    That Ctrl/Shift/M works in Firefox as well. That is good to know. Thanks.
    Hope it is useful for others too, Terry.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn Apologies for delay. I think I'm missing something here. This is as far as I can see is selecting the mode to view when accessing the site from a device that I mentioned. It says, Xara help, that the RWD is automatic so why should you have to select the version each time you access our site. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Acorn Apologies for delay. I think I'm missing something here. This is as far as I can see is selecting the mode to view when accessing the site from a device that I mentioned. It says, Xara help, that the RWD is automatic so why should you have to select the version each time you access our site. Terry
    Terry, I was advising the developer Tools as a diagnostic, which is what you asked in "how can I test this without an iphone or ipad".

The tool should "prove" you have correctly built the Variant for the chosen device.

If I have missed something, do tell.

Acorn

Well done that's fine. Terry

Acorn I have looked around several browsers development tools, and I think I know whyyou said "have fun". I have no idea what I'm looking for, even so if I find WD is not producing the correct RWD what can I do about it. I will be meeting some members today so I hope they will have old and new smart phones and ipads etc. Terry

Have you simply grabbed hold of the edge of your browser window and pulled it in. If the RWD is working it will work when you make the browser smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Have you simply grabbed hold of the edge of your browser window and pulled it in. If the RWD is working it will work when you make the browser smaller.
    Which I already advised: "A quicker way is just to resize the browser viewport size."

Acorn