Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Rationalise User Interface Dialogs

Dear Xara...

Is it not about time the Dialogs used in the Xara Desktop applications are rationalised?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UI.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	121635

All different widths.
    I am running out of design space.

A number ought to be part of the Page & Layer gallery tree structure.
    Names in particular should be related to the renaming of labels in the gallery. Having two different mechanisms with one doing little other than a label but hiding the main functional one way is wrong.

Adjacent Titles and Fields do not have a colon - fine. A colon is used for a Title above a Field, except for Web Animation.
    Groupings have a Heading in-line with the box and is initcap for the first word only, except for Web Amination > HTML Code Insertion.

Control buttons are right grouped (typically, OK, Cancel, Apply, Help) except for Names and Web sticky/stretchy Properties dialogs.

Document information dialog Heading should be "Document Information".
    In passing, the document Information should be for all time or regardless of Saves, a full Undo History should be preserved.

Please update and implement your UI style guide.

If I position the dialogs where I want them, they should remain in that position after re-opening the application.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Rationalise User Interface Dialogs

I agree!

I think the dialogue box styles should also be rationalised too!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dialogue-boxes.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	121636
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022