Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New Customer...Some product confusion

Hello everyone,

I used Xara for various tasks in my office years ago. At some point the product changed and I never upgraded. This was 8-10 years ago.

I plan to use Xara (or some tool) for my small business doing logo work, brochures, flyers, and maybe some picture editing...I'm in the finance and tax industry. W're a small office, and I'm a do-it-yourselfer kinda of guy with a technology background too. I previously enjoyed working with the Xara Pro(?) tool years ago as sort of a hobby so wanted to leverage my past knowledge of Xara instead of learning something new.

In any case, here's my dilemma. I was considering buying one of the latest products but am confused as to which one. They seem to overlap in features but I can't tell for sure based on the descriptions. I was leaning towards the Photo & Graphic Designer but am not sure if the Page Layout Designer 11 includes those same tools plus more features for page layouts.

I plan on modifying our logo / tag line and want to also design a brochure and possibly create a firm newsletter. I don't foresee any web design work at this time. Additionally, the new Xara cloud product muddies the water for me relative to the desktop products. Does the cloud product contain the same tools as Photo & Graphic Designer and Page Layout Designer 11? My needs are fairly simple but after spending quite a bit of time reading and watching videos I still can't tell which product would be best for me.

I can always install the trial versions and test them but I was hoping someone could give me a push in the right direct or at least provide some additional insight as to the key differences between these 3 products.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Default Re: New Customer...Some product confusion

Steve, use this comparison page and avoid Page & Layout Designer 11; it has not been updated since 01 September 2015.
    Ignore Web Designer; spend a few pence more on the Premium version over it.

I would go for Photo & Graphic Designer, which is relatively cheap and if you get desperate, trial Web Designer Premium or Designer Pro when you are more knowledgeable and can see omissions in what you have.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you!

Rest assured Steve, your not the only Xara user totally confused by Magix/Xara's marketing.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host