Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Iframe importing database

Can wordpress be installed on the same directory and things like plugins, results for database etc.... be displayed into xara using an Iframe?

Default Re: Iframe importing database

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Can wordpress be installed on the same directory and things like plugins, results for database etc.... be displayed into xara using an Iframe?
    behzad, I have a sub-domain or sub-folder for the WordPress instance to separate content. Thereafter linkage is through use of a partial path URL as it is in the same domain.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks so it is possible?

Behzad, the main issue is that your Xara iFrame requires a width depth value. 100% values don't work in this case. So you may require iframe scroll bars to view the iframe content.

Acorn is stating that he has WordPress in either a subdomain or sub-folder.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you. Scroll bars aint that bad are they?

I get round this for known pages lengths by applying a CSS3 transformation scaling of 90% so I can embed the entire WP page within my Xara one.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn, can you expand on that please?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes Acorn, I am a bit ignorant of these things. Please expand.

Info Re: Iframe importing database

OK, scaling.

I have an IFRAME that is effectively using the Embed a Website widget.
    The IFRAME ID is iframeEvents.

I add some CSS to present the embedded page at 90%:

<style type="text/css">
    #iframeEvents {
    zoom: 0.9;
    -moz-transform: scale(0.9);
    -moz-transform-origin: 0 0;
    -o-transform: scale(0.9);
    -o-transform-origin: 0 0;
    -webkit-transform: scale(0.9);
    -webkit-transform-origin: 0 0;
    }
    </style>

So assuming the page is a known height and width, similar to the Xara design page, then the IFRAME seems to hold the embedded page nicely wrapped by the same styling as the rest of the site.
    The IFRAME Placeholder needs to be the actual dimensions of the embedded page so is usually larger on the design page and only "fits" when rendered.

The "better" way would be to use jQuery to abstract all the HTML required to embed directly into a <DIV>, avoiding the IFRAME and unwanted header and footer detail. You would only do this far if the styling of the two pages was radically different.

Acorn

Clearly your know how is surpassed than mine. Care to present the idea with an attachment/file?