Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Desktop Icon

Default Desktop Icon

I feel as though I am being drawn to the other side...
    Whilst I am still a fairly regular user of Xara365, I am unlikely to ever upgrade in the future.
    Xara's future appears to differ greatly from mine, and I would rather work with Affinity Designer, which according to their roadmap seems a better fit for me.
    I still use Illustrator CS6 and CorelDraw to a lesser degree, but I shall mainly concentrate on honing my skills, such as they are with the tools and programs at my disposal at present, rather than chasing after expensive software.

Here is a simple piece made in Illustrator, using some Astute Graphics plugins. I am in the process of making a set of desktop icons with a halftone motif.
    Here is the first attempt. I think I shall revise the font choice and go for a Casual Sans for all of them, but this one was made using Bali Script and Bali Highlight,
    but in hindsight I think a bold Sans would work better (for my desktop design, in any case). I used the Phantasm plugin for the halftone circle and Stylism for the drop shadow and text distortions.

The icon file is included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new!.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	121620  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Desktop Icon

I feel as though I am being drawn to the other side...
    Whilst I am still a fairly regular user of Xara365, I am unlikely to ever upgrade in the future.
    Xara's future appears to differ greatly from mine, and I would rather work with Affinity Designer, which according to their roadmap seems a better fit for me.
    I still use Illustrator CS6 and CorelDraw to a lesser degree, but I shall mainly concentrate on honing my skills, such as they are with the tools and programs at my disposal at present, rather than chasing after expensive software.
    Good observations Bob.