• $129

4 8.16%
  • $149

13 26.53%
  • $199

13 26.53%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

$69

They refused to release any maintenance update in more than 2 years (!), so why should I expect that it would change this time.
    For me software comes as a package; the program AND the support http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I also thinks it's rediculous to pay $199 dollar for a program like this, when you can buy a program like Photoimpact for $79 that has a lot more to offer than just vectors.

And no, I'm not a Photoimpact user http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I simply can't afford much, that's why xara was so appealing in the first place. It was just a bonus that it happened to be the best on the market, lol

Steve Newport

-GFX Gallery (Photoshop AND XaraX)-

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002/2003-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

is to illustrate to Xara how valuable X is to its users. I don't think the people at Xara fully get this. Otherwise, we would have had a patch or something in these past 3 years. I really hope they can focus on X and stay focused on it.

Most X users feel forgotten and ignored by Xara. I know I do.

I feel that the price should refect the value of the product. If it has most of the features that we've asked for in wish list threads, then I'd gladly pay a higher price. If it's simply the patch to old bugs, that has been years overdue, without any new features, then I'm inclined to pass. I think I have found most of the workarounds to Xara's bugs. If it's somewhere inbetween, then I'll have to think about it.

I'm hoping that by looking at these prices Xara will UNDERSTAND what X means to its user base and hopefully they will upgrade and give it some meaningful support for a change. Xara X is by far their best product and by all rights should be it's cash cow not their red headed step child.

Honestly, I'm really keeping my expectations low because I don't want to be disappointed.

After X3d 5 came out I asked for a patch for Xara3d to export sequential PNG's. Seemingly a reasonable request since it can already export static PNG's. I received a reply from Xara and was told that a lot of people have asked for the same thing. That was it. No patch, just acknowledgement that many people agreed with me.

I don't want to be thrown a bone, when I'm willing to pay for steak.

For those of us who are still willing to stick with Xara all we can do is wait and see...

Sheffield Abella
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Well, I suppose if you have it, sure, tell them you'll pay large amount for it... but it just might cause them to price it at that high price leaving those that can't afford it in the dust! I think telling a company you'll pay a higher price is suicide, cuz as nice of a company as they are, they're only human. If I'm only expecting $100 from a client, but they say they are willing to chip out $600, I'm naturally going to allow them to pay me $600 instead of $100! No skin off my back! And that's how everyone will work. I hated seeing this thread posted

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

That wasn't meant to be taken offensively, and I see the benefits of both sides, it's just the one side doesn't benefit me or anyone else of my income...

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I belive Xara has this and if not they should. This would help Steve and any other students out there.

Check Xara site here:

http://www.xara.com/support/purchasing/showfaqs.asp

+++""You can fool some of the people all the time.
    You can fool all the people some of the time.
    But you can't fool all the people all the time."
    --Abraham Lincoln. ++++++++

[This message was edited by Grant E. Remington on August 08, 2003 at 18:54.]
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

Working in a school and being the person who instigated the purchase of a good number of Xara X licenses, I can confirm that the educational pricing of software is very competitively priced (I'll not say how much is it may be one of those things I'm not allowed to talk about!)

However, if memory serves... there was a minimum quantity of 5 licenses before the discount started to kick in, progressively getting cheaper and cheaper the more licenses you already have. I'm not sure that the education discount applied to anyone other than an "eduactional establishment" though.

I had to pay the full (well - the Acorn Artworks to Xara X upgrade) price for my own personal licence despite being employed at the school. It was still worth it though and, personally, I would happily pay the same upgrade price as any other "comparable" version release would amount to on other worthy vector apps provided the additions weren't things I couldn't make use of and existing bugs were ironed out.

XaraX has the kernel of something very good and was well thought out from day one - it feels like the programmer was also an artist. I can't say I've used any other vector app that makes me feel that way. If push came to shove, I'd likely pay any justifiable price to keep and up-to-date version of XaraX on my machine!

However, keeping the price low means that many more people can get to discover the delights of XaraX and the more people we have using it, the better! I'd rather see 10 copies of Xara go for $60 than 1 go for $600 http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

--
    Graeme

[This message was edited by Graeme Davidson on August 09, 2003 at 03:57.]
    Graeme

Is it possible for Xara to list the new possible features of the Futute-Xara?
    eg. - DXF-import-Export or so...
    then it would be much easier to vote..

It seems to me that in the past, they prefer to wait until all the other vector packages have been released from other companies before they release theirs.

However, if all their other competitors already offer the same features that Xara intends to offer, then I see no reason not to release at least a partial list.

Since competitor's products have been out for a while, I don't know if Xara is waiting around for the next versions of Illustrator, Coreldraw and Freehand to come out. I really don't think they should bother with waiting since it's been over 3 years. I don't think Xara seriously poses any sort of threat to Illustrator or Freehand.

What I would like to see is a feature list voting page on Xara's website. Then they would have a better idea of what we all want. That's assuming that they read these forums and look for our wish lists. I would like to see a poll with all the features that they are considering implementing.

Sheffield Abella
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site