Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: IFRAMES

Default IFRAMES

Hello All,

I need more help on creating an iframe within my website. I have a lot of information to add to my website and I don't want to create a new page for each article so I wanted to
    write all the articles on one page with a list of the titles for each article on the main page. Once you click on one of the titles on the list it would show that specific article within the iframe.

I would also have to create links to each article.

I hope I have not confused anyone lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
    Paul777

Info Re: IFRAMES

Quote Originally Posted by paul777 View Post
    Hello All,

I need more help on creating an iframe within my website. I have a lot of information to add to my website and I don't want to create a new page for each article so I wanted to
    write all the articles on one page with a list of the titles for each article on the main page. Once you click on one of the titles on the list it would show that specific article within the iframe.

I would also have to create links to each article.

I hope I have not confused anyone lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
    Paul777
    Paul777, my design concept would go like this.

Build a long, long Article page with filename articles.
    For each new article title, add a suitable Name (simple as title1, title2, etc), which will become anchors.
    Create an iframe with similar code to Embed a Website widget that has an initial source of articles.htm ensuring it has an HTML ID.
    Create the Article buttons with JavaScript code links that conjure up the source as articles.htm#titlen, where n is the number for the article anchor.

You will have to consider if the articles are different lengths and so need a vertical scrollbar in the iframe.

Acorn

P.S. A small boon in return? It is not TG's style to capitalise Thread titles. Such Threads appear as if they are shouting for attention. "IFRAMES" also doesn't help for later searches; include a bit more context to whet interest.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: IFRAMES

Acorn, I guess a blog can also be made this way?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Acorn, I guess a blog can also be made this way?
    Easily behzad, but you need to fudge the Blog Search somehow.
    I would typically use an array of keywords and the resultant URL. It gets complicated when there is more than one hit.

This approach is also useful as the articles page need not be a Xara page at all. Egg favours Google Docs and I like the freedom of a shared HTML page with an HTML text editor at hand.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn

Paul777