Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Original Xara site different from what appears online

Thanks so much Egg Bramhill, John and Acorn! However, I've reached the limit of my frustration level with this site. My final solution was to select all text on the activities page and make it black. Problem solved. Colour is overrated! :-) Somehow, the background colour of the three pages also appeared with the latest upload. craftech, please tell me where I find the option to upload as binary? I can't find it in FileZilla's site management and don't know where else to look. And, Acorn, yes, you're right; the page is waaaay too long but that's the way the organisers want it. The page offers the option of printing out a pdf, which is what I expect most of our visitors do. Thank you again, everyone, so much!

That's a cop out PW!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	as-binary.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	121600  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi PeeWee,
    Look on the bright side - at least you have the 2018 Festival version uploading after all the trouble with that. Computers. What you gonna' do?

Quote Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
    Thanks so much Egg Bramhill, John and Acorn! However, I've reached the limit of my frustration level with this site. My final solution was to select all text on the activities page and make it black. Problem solved. Colour is overrated! :-) Somehow, the background colour of the three pages also appeared with the latest upload. craftech, please tell me where I find the option to upload as binary? I can't find it in FileZilla's site management and don't know where else to look. And, Acorn, yes, you're right; the page is waaaay too long but that's the way the organisers want it. The page offers the option of printing out a pdf, which is what I expect most of our visitors do. Thank you again, everyone, so much!
    Transfer / transfer type / choose Auto, ASCII, or Binary

John

bkjohns, ain't dat da truth! What'cha gonna do? In all my years with Xara I've never had so much trouble with a website. [Edit: None of the problems was caused in any way by Xara WD!) Now I'm going out to mow the lawn. Thanks again!
    Last edited by PeeWee; 12 July 2018 at 11:12 PM.

DUH!!! Feel like a total doofus. Didn't occur to me that there was any place other than "site management" for something like this. And there it was; could have been neon: "TRANSFER." Didn't even SEE that horizontal menu. [palms together, bowing, while giving self a dope slap] As for copping out..... I'll probably cave and try to put the red text back in, but right now I'm gonna mow the lawn, do a little weeding, and totally forget about the fall festival! Thanks again!