Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Programme Slow to Load and Error Message

Using Web Designer Premium Version 15.1.0. Programme takes 2 minutes to load and then comes up with error message as attached. Have reinstalled programme but to no avail. Site has 29 pages.
    Have tried to contact magic but no reply !! Any help please. Terry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture Error Message Jave script.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	121586  

Default Re: Programme Slow to Load and Error Message

So is Xara slow to load itself or is it the 29 page site?

You are quite correct, it is just 29 page site that has the problems as described. Just tried loading a blank site and one of my other sites and they load OK. It does not seem relevant now but I did update my Java programme in case this was the problem. Any ideas. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    You are quite correct, it is just 29 page site that has the problems as described. Just tried loading a blank site and one of my other sites and they load OK. It does not seem relevant now but I did update my Java programme in case this was the problem. Any ideas. Terry
    Terry, what "Java programme"? Do you mean JavaScript code in a Placeholder?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    You might have to load one of the autobackups of the site to get back to a working copy. It may lose some of your recent changes, but that could be what is crashing it so not necessarily a bad thing.

Acorn Apologies delay have been playing that dreaded game again. I have not put any Java script into a placeholder, well not knowingly. I have assumed the error message refers to the app that is on my computer, which is Java 8 Update 171 8.0.1710.11. Hope I have answered your query correctly. Terry

Thanks for that, have tried that but it still comes up with the same message. I can click on the "OK" button and can continue updating the site, but obviously something is wrong. I also notice the backup file is not the same as the last date that I saved the site, that does not appear to be correct to me. Terry

Tel, the backup file isn't the same date/time as when you last saved the file. Backups are automatic. You can set the frequency of when to back-up and how many to retain. Older ones are overwritten by newer ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back-up-1.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	121599  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg Many thanks for that, I learn something every time I have a query. However using the oldest backup I still had the same problem. Can I indulge you a little more please. I have the feeling that I'm going to have to re build the Web Site which may resolve a number of problems. I would like to do this by copying page by page from the existing site, right clicking on the page of the existing site in the" Page & Layer gallery" and pasting into the new site. If I take it stage by stage and test for loading OK I maybe be able to isolate the problem I have. Can I have your views on this and any advice. Terry

Terry, when I have such a problem I divide and conquer.

Save your XAR/WEB file.
    Copy it and open and delete the bottom half pages.
    If the problem goes, the fault is in the deleted part.
    Get another copy and delete the top half and then the bottom half of what remains.

Make a note of where the fault is appearing and zero in. Six cuts deals with a 64-page site...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat