Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Model T

Default Re: Ford Model T

In black
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1909FordModelT.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	121619  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Great Ron!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The dark colours sure show the brass off.

Thank you, Larry.

Gray, I agree. I've tried numerous colors and shades and came to the same conclusion.

Just a note, to no one in particular:
    I have difficulty, at times, with some drawings getting the color and shading of the car to really pop, or stand out. That is rather vague, but I don't know how else to state it. I work at altering the shading and highlights, but with some drawings, I just can't seem to make it pop, if that makes any sense.
    I believe, body design, lighting and angle of the car being drawn play a part in this, but I am unable to satisfy my own expectations of how it should look.

If anyone KNOWS something in respect to successfully rendering a subject like an automobile in such a way as to achieve an eye-catching effect no matter what the shade or color, I would appreciate being taught.

Master Gray, maybe you can help me...

Xara's Facebook

I think we all suffer from similar problems, Ron. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think your car art is awesome. I've got more stuff in the didn't work pile than in the other. Sometimes if you can find a photo of a similar subject that really works and then try to understand how they achieved that effect. The lighting is so very important and that's what I have the most trouble with. Every time I draw an illustration I learn something though.
    I really look forward to seeing your car art. I think you do a fantastic job on it. I would hire you to do car illustrations any day of the week my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    I think we all suffer from similar problems, Ron. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think your car art is awesome. I've got more stuff in the didn't work pile than in the other. Sometimes if you can find a photo of a similar subject that really works and then try to understand how they achieved that effect. The lighting is so very important and that's what I have the most trouble with. Every time I draw an illustration I learn something though.
    I really look forward to seeing your car art. I think you do a fantastic job on it. I would hire you to do car illustrations any day of the week my friend.
    Ahhh Gray! You are TOO kind, but thanks. I will do as you suggest and keep studying it.

Xara's Facebook