Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Scope of Xara Designer Pro Software License

I'm a long-time Xara user, and I'm trying to get my employer to purchase a copy I can use at work. I have a pre-sales question involving licensing, but numerous unsuccessful attempts to call sales support at 305-722-5810 lead me to believe that nobody ever answers that line.

Many software companies allow purchasers to install the software on both a desktop and a laptop computer for the price of a single license. Is that the case with XDP?

Yes, I've read the EULA at https://www.magix.com/us/eula/. It leads me to believe that you probably cannot install more than one copy, but it is not 100% definitive on this issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
    Bud

Default Re: Scope of Xara Designer Pro Software License

Quote Originally Posted by lbud View Post
    I'm a long-time Xara user, and I'm trying to get my employer to purchase a copy I can use at work. I have a pre-sales question involving licensing, but numerous unsuccessful attempts to call sales support at 305-722-5810 lead me to believe that nobody ever answers that line.

Many software companies allow purchasers to install the software on both a desktop and a laptop computer for the price of a single license. Is that the case with XDP?

Yes, I've read the EULA at https://www.magix.com/us/eula/. It leads me to believe that you probably cannot install more than one copy, but it is not 100% definitive on this issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
    Bud
    Bud, the EULAs are hardly worth the quantum distortion on the substrate they are hosted on.
    Use this: https://www.xara.com/us/eula/.

XARA DESIGNER PRO X END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA")

You will be issued with a unique serial number. An internet connection is required to activate the serial number and to complete the necessary one-time registration. The Software can only be activated on two computers concurrently, but activations that are no longer required can be cancelled so that you can install and activate the software on a new computer.

A. You are permitted to:

1.load or download the Software and use it only on a single client computer which is under your personal control (unless you have purchased a network license, contact Xara sales at www.xara.com); except that you may

2. copy the Software to a second computer under your personal control provided it is used on only one computer at any one time and only by you. The copies must reproduce and include Xara's copyright notices;
    Do note, if you bought it for yourself, only you can use the second copy and definitely not at the same time as the first.
    If the company bought it then only one nominated user should have access. The licence can be transferred but not daily, more likely on change of role or appointment.

Go for it for a short time then convince your company that a second licence is actually an investment.
    All will then be happy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. These statements you found from the Xara EULA are definitive for my purposes, and I now know how to proceed.

I'm certainly glad to learn that I wasn't the only one who observed that ripple in spacetime abutting the virtual substrate. You are indeed observant, sir!

Thanks again,
    Bud

Quote Originally Posted by lbud View Post
    I wasn't the only one who observed that ripple in spacetime abutting the virtual substrate.
    Bud, Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat