Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Getting crazy with mockup :-( - any solution?

Hello, community,

I am getting crazy with some mockups with perspective. Normally I use XD Pro´s form tool and fill afterwards with bitmap. But I can do like I want, stretch, turn, cut or whatever - it does not work with correct perspective like in the sample I have attached. Does anyone have a solution with XARA for this - beside using Photoshop and PSD mockups? I have Xara Designer Pro for my work. Or is this in generally impossible to do with Xara?

Thanks for any help.

TomTom66

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphones.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	121571

Info Re: Getting crazy with mockup :-( - any solution?

Quote Originally Posted by TomTom66 View Post
    Hello, community,

I am getting crazy with some mockups with perspective. Normally I use XD Pro´s form tool and fill afterwards with bitmap. But I can do like I want, stretch, turn, cut or whatever - it does not work with correct perspective like in the sample I have attached. Does anyone have a solution with XARA for this - beside using Photoshop and PSD mockups? I have Xara Designer Pro for my work. Or is this in generally impossible to do with Xara?

Thanks for any help.

TomTom66

Name:	iphones.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	121571
    TT66, I don't recognise "XD Pro´s form tool" but the attached was created as a rounded rectangle, then Left Perspective, followed by a Bevel.

Clearly my initial yellow boxes Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phones.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	121578 need to be filled in with your required images and phone iconery, grouped and then moulded and bevelled.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Getting crazy with mockup :-( - any solution?

Hello Acorn,

thanks so far, but do we speak about same thing? What I want is to change the "display view" in the phones. For example with a screenshot of a app or a website´s mobile version screenshot. Like it is in the "original picture", but only with something other. The "phone frame" (iphone) should stay the same.

Thanks TomTom66

Name:	mockup.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	121579

Use the Mould Tool with a Perspective Envelope. Drag the corners of the image to the corners of the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perspective.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	121581  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Use the Mould Tool with a Perspective Envelope. Drag the corners of the image to the corners of the screen.

Hello Gary,

Thanks !! You made my day :-) ... the only problem so far is, that it scales (pixels) the graphics some down. When you have some text in it (like a app screeshot or site) it makes quality far down. I think it comes from rendering (?) Is there any solution for this? I did try to change setting in "live effects" from 96 to 300 dpi but did not help (I think this is only for plugins right?). Would a larger dpi screenshot helps with this?

TomTom66

Would a larger dpi screenshot helps with this?
    Yes, I think it will.

Higher resolution is always better depending on how the image will be used.

Hello Gary,

yes :-) what did help was scale the phone togehter with the "moulded" Display much larger. It did then even become at some scaling point clear letters (text) again. So in the end the best is use a very large dpi "phone" (mockup) and large "display" (screenshot) or the phone as a vector and then export it in a smaller size finally.

Thanks to all for help!

TomTom66

@TT666, I was showing how you could build an entire phone assembly, complete with different screenshots.
    If you just want an image to put over someone else's bitmap then Gary's approach is very similar.

Mine allowed you to create a vector-based design that can be moulded and scaled to any perspective.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat