Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Widgets Question

I am very new to website design and I'm currently working with Xara premium 12. I wanted to add " contact us " widget like shown on Xara website videos but my copy doesn't have any standard email forms and comes only with Google, JotForm, Woofuu and Form2go third party options. This is not something I'm interested in and would rather stick with an old fashioned email form. What happend to those widgets....? can't find them on Xara website either... or I'm missing something...? Thanks

adam

Default Re: Widgets Question

Quote Originally Posted by adambblee View Post
    I am very new to website design and I'm currently working with Xara premium 12. I wanted to add " contact us " widget like shown on Xara website videos but my copy doesn't have any standard email forms and comes only with Google, JotForm, Woofuu and Form2go third party options. This is not something I'm interested in and would rather stick with an old fashioned email form. What happend to those widgets....? can't find them on Xara website either... or I'm missing something...? Thanks

adam
    adam, welcome to TalkGraphics. Can you provide the Xara video link and approximate time location?
    Xara, doesn't have any built-in "old fashioned" email forms as it generates static websites that do not require a server-based email mechanism.

If you discount the third-party widgets, you would have to rely on mailto: as the contact us link.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics Adam

I think the generic form widgets you might be referring to, and which were in earlier versions have been removed from the Forms page.

You can find some form creation products (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Website+co...&t=ffsb&ia=web) that can be added to your site using a placeholder (See Help > Placeholder Objects)

Thank you for your help. Most appreciated.
    The video I mentioned was " An Intro to Widgets" and you can see that "Contact us " form at about 40 sec.

adam

Thank you for your help. Most appreciated.
    The video I mentioned was " An Intro to Widgets" and you can see that "Contact us " form at about 40 sec.

adam
    adam, at 49s, you can see this is a form provided by www.formlogix.com. There is a free version but it has ads (1m 05s) that can be removed if you pay: http://www.formlogix.com/free-form-builder-Rates.aspx.

Xara may have discontinued this Widget for a variety of reasons: it was no good, the API changed too often, the cost, ...
    ... the main reason is probably is it is a Contact Form without modification, therefore very limiting.

It is possible, in extra code, to hide the ad but you will be tied to formlogix regardless.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You are right I can see it now. Thanks Acorn.
    Just a small follow up - so can I build this type of contact form with Xara tools and have it on my website without any third parties involvement and if so, are there available tutorials showing how to...?

adam

You are right I can see it now. Thanks Acorn.
    Just a small follow up - so can I build this type of contact form with Xara tools and have it on my website without any third parties involvement and if so, are there available tutorials showing how to...?
    adam
    dam, if you have a service provider that offers PHP support then then are lots of offerings - search "free PHP contact form". You will also find examples and tutorials but be sure to watch for those that describe how to prevent spamming.

Acorn