Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Checking Xara account

I've just tried to sign in to Xara.com to check my account, which used to be fairly straight forward, but now I'm dumped into Xara Cloud (whatever that is) and cant find any account details etc. Is there a special place we have to go to these days or doesn't that exist anymore?

Default Re: Checking Xara account

masque, haakoo's link probably is a dead end.

You need https://support2.magix.com/customer/ and possibly have to Register in order to get Magix's attention.
    It might be you can use your login name and Request a New Password. I had all sorts of problems getting set up when Magix took over and had to endure a new password, which impacted all prior embedded websites.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry Acorn,

The link I gave whether it is http://www.xara.com/uk/servicecenter/ or http://www.xara.com/eu/servicecenter/ or http://www.xara.com/us/servicecenter/
    brings me to a page where I can login and find all my downloads ,just the purchase dates are from 2017,guess that's the migration date from xara to magix.

What an insane way of conducting a business. It's all well and good for those of us who are old hands at Xara and are also long-time TGers, who have access to a knowledgeable support group, but people who are new to the magiXara way of doing things must be in a collective blind panic when confronted with any problems involving install/renewal and the convoluted rigmarole it entails. Another worrying aspect is the amount of downtime that is experienced and also the awful pricing structures. It beggars belief that the company actually stays afloat.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

if you go to magix.com and click on the stylized person icon in the top right (mine takes me to a US site, yours may be different), you can login with your XARA username and password.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I think I'm right in saying that if you do what keith suggests it will not work if you happen to have a legacy magix account as well... then you would need to to use your magix username and password...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I've just tried to sign in to Xara.com to check my account, which used to be fairly straight forward, but now I'm dumped into Xara Cloud (whatever that is) and cant find any account details etc. Is there a special place we have to go to these days or doesn't that exist anymore?
    I've just tried to sign in to Xara.com to check my account, which used to be fairly straight forward, but now I'm dumped into Xara Cloud (whatever that is) and cant find any account details etc. doesn't that exist anymore?

I know what you mean. Sad state of affairs isn;'t it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I know what you mean. Sad state of affairs isn;'t it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I agree totally with Bob, it's a complete dogs dinner! Sorry, we're customers, why are we being made to jump through hoops? Xara's involvement with Magix and Magix's total miss-marketing is rapidly destroying a company I have supported resolutely (but not blindly) for decades.

Is there no one in Xara listening, are you just endeavoring to extract the maximum profit from a once fantastic piece of software prior to it's demise.

TALK TO US !!!!!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host