Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website Program Alternatives?

I've used Xara since '94 for graphics and for websites since the feature first became available. Previously used Corel WebMaster and NetObjects Fusion. Had my mid-life fling with WordPress.

Xara Web lets me make website files on my computer and upload them where I want. If Xara Desktop is to be, possibly, abandoned by Magix then what other website software has a graphical website-building UI?

I have no inclination to re-learn HTML or CSS coding. Cloud based website-building programs are a mirage. What alternatives are there?

Dan

Default Re: Website Program Alternatives?

I share your concern. But from what I hear (not official) there are no plans to discontinue support for Xara desktop products. So for the time being, save yourself the angst of learning yet another program and use the savings to take your spouse or SO out to a lovely meal.

I still have NOF 12 on my computer and I have asked my one remaining client whose large site was done in NOF to find a new webmaster/designer.

I have used it to build client website, perfect for it. Keep using it and you will learn more as you use the program. The placeholder can do a lot to bring in new features into the program.

You could look at Bootstrap Studio 4.3, just out on 01 July: https://bootstrapstudio.io/sites?utm...n=sites-launch.
    I use this with Pinegrow (coding, but no as we know it Jim).

Bootstrap Studio updates automatically, so you always have the latest version. We release updates every month, filled with new features, components and improvements.
    To get a flavour click the Run Browser demo button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good advice all. After a dinner for two, I will look at Bootstrap. Thanks everyone.

What about WYSIWYG Web Builder (https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/) as an alternative to XWD and Bootstrap Studio?
    I just heard about WYSIWYG Web Builder and I am curious if anyone has experienced it.
    Cheers,
    Carlos

I always look at the examples or templates they have, it looks like shitee. I am sticking with Xara.

I just started using WYSIWYG Web Builder 14. Very new to me so please take that into account. I have built 3 production sites with it so far. It's beginnings in design concept were similar to Xara - True wysiwyg control and fine for static website. The newer releases bring more "modern" design tools (using grids for layout) that allow for full responsive site design.

At this time, I am not replacing Xara as my website design tool. Just added another option to my toolbox. The reason I am adding another tool is - Xara variants do not play nicely with my eCommerce solution, ecwid.com.

The concept of using a layout grid for your sites takes a bit of thought and effort vs Xara's just put what you want anywhere you want it. But I am making progress.

Be happy to answer more specific questions if you have them.