Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XDP11 Error?

Default XDP11 Error?

Hi All.

Does anyone know why I've started getting this error, all of a sudden?

Xara doesn't report the full path, so, I can't seem to find where exactly it's pointing to see what I could do, if anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDP11 error.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	121546  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: XDP11 Error?

I think it means that the server isn't available. Nothing to do with your program.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks, Keith.

Rik, it seems to be sorted now.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Rik, it seems to be sorted now.

Acorn
    No.
    I'm still getting the same error.

Well, it seems to have stopped, for the time being.
    But, why should it happen in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Well, it seems to have stopped, for the time being.
    But, why should it happen in the first place?
    Servers sometimes die or proxies get confused so they need resetting. If you have no resilience for fail-over then somewhere you have a single point of failure and you need staff to "switch it off and back on again".
    Xara only promises 98% availability.

Why does you Xara Desktop application care? Well in the pop-up error the application was effectively being told that the on-line content had had an update, new content added or old content removed but is could not then access the changed material as it was sitting on the affected servers.

The catindex.txt file is a sort of hierarchical listing mechanism in each Cache folder to ensure your Cache contents align with the on-line content.
    When your Desktop application runs, the catindex.txt file you had become catindex.old and a catindex.tmp is collated from your actual Cache content. When the operation has downloaded the thumbnails of the new content and the new catindex.txt file, I believe at this point old content that is not in the new catindex.txt file is deleted from your machine. I posit this as there used to be Calendar templates that just vanished and I have a lot of blanks in place on local content that used to be there.

The alignment has always been my worry, which is why I clone my Cache elsewhere.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Servers sometimes die or proxies get confused so they need resetting. If you have no resilience for fail-over then somewhere you have a single point of failure and you need staff to "switch it off and back on again".
    Xara only promises 98% availability.

Why does you Xara Desktop application care? Well in the pop-up error the application was effectively being told that the on-line content had had an update, new content added or old content removed but is could not then access the changed material as it was sitting on the affected servers.

The catindex.txt file is a sort of hierarchical listing mechanism in each Cache folder to ensure your Cache contents align with the on-line content.
    When your Desktop application runs, the catindex.txt file you had become catindex.old and a catindex.tmp is collated from your actual Cache content. When the operation has downloaded the thumbnails of the new content and the new catindex.txt file, I believe at this point old content that is not in the new catindex.txt file is deleted from your machine. I posit this as there used to be Calendar templates that just vanished and I have a lot of blanks in place on local content that used to be there.

The alignment has always been my worry, which is why I clone my Cache elsewhere.

Acorn
    I searched my computer for catindex.tmp and catindex.txt, yeaterday.
    I could not find either.
    But, how do you clone your cache elsewhere?

Info Re: XDP11 Error?

Rik, they will be in C:\Users\rik\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\11\Cache\designs\eng or whatever your username is.

I just copy everything from there to a DVD or stick or other folder.
    I can then use the Local Designs gallery Disc designs button pointing to the folder.

Acorn