Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Update service period expired

Every time I start Xara I get a notice that my update service period has expired ( I know; irritating right?) and it expects me to update instantly. Frankly I'm not sure I'm going to, so my question is can I stop this message popping up, annoyingly, every time I open Xara or am I stuck with it until I part with however much it costs to get rid of it?

Default Re: Update service period expired

In that update window there should be a tick box saying "Don't show me again".

what you may not be able to stop are the notifications of the latest update offer.. every time a new magix offer comes out, about as frequently as rabbits mate, there will be a 'new' notification... or so it seems
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

You'd think that would be the case wouldn't you, but it isn'

The "Update Service period expired" can be stopped by ticking the "Don't show me again" option and then clicking OK.
    The "newsfeeds" can be stopped with ticking its "Don't show this again" option.

You then need to pick Help > Info pop-ups > Turn all off.

You, unfortunately, are left with a cluster of NAGs: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...156#post592156.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I tick the don't show again on the newsfeeds, but it seems to me that only stops the current newsfeed and not the subsequent ones

+ turn all off is not always what you want...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The "Update Service period expired" can be stopped by ticking the "Don't show me again" option and then clicking OK.
    The "newsfeeds" can be stopped with ticking its "Don't show this again" option.

You then need to pick Help > Info pop-ups > Turn all off.

You, unfortunately, are left with a cluster of NAGs: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...156#post592156.

Acorn
    Not here. No way to stop this f**k.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nag screen.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	121542

I think it changes to this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NagNagNag.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	121543 eventually.

I think it took four weeks.

MagiXara really care, honest.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear Xara,
    my neck almost burst and I have to let my anger run free. I've always been a loyal supporter of Xara. I have also advocated Xara among colleagues as an alternative to CD and AI.

Since about 2 years I see a development at Xara that I don't like and I don't want to participate. All your loyal customers are treated like dirt. You don't care about the opinions of the users.

Last year I renewed my XDP, believing I have to support Xara.

This year I will not renew! What you've done with version 15 is more than just impudence. I am not willing to support them.

To offer a renewal for 129,-€ for NOTHING is more than cheeky.

As a professional graphic designer who also works for various publishing houses, he must be able to rely on his tools. Among other things, I got involved with Xara because I can work flexibly with vectors, images and even websites.

Now it is the case that Xara has reached a point where it becomes dubious. Improvements that the community has been demanding for years are ignored.

Then this year the upgrade price of 129,- €. A cheek without end. For only a new price of 110,- € I get a full version of Affinity Designer and for web design a full version of Wysiwyg-Webdesigner.

I will follow the course of XARA/MAGIX for a while, but I think that my graphic future will continue without Xara.

If something fundamental should change at Xara/Magix and finally the promised, mind blowing away featuers may come, I am ready again invest money in to Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Every time I start Xara I get a notice that my update service period has expired ( I know; irritating right?) and it expects me to update instantly. Frankly I'm not sure I'm going to, so my question is can I stop this message popping up, annoyingly, every time I open Xara or am I stuck with it until I part with however much it costs to get rid of it?
    I get that too. Tried to check my Xara account but kept getting the run around. Went to xara.com but all I get is Xara cloud. Running XP&GD12 and the MAGIX v15 so cannot access my Xara account/my products.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.