Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Slow Web Publishing & Viewing

We recently began resurrecting our personal website www.RotorWayFun.com which we was hosted with another hosting provider and our company site is still hosted there www.PhoenixGlass.biz. The first problem is when we go to publish the site it takes about an hour and fifteen minutes each time whether we make 1 change or 50 it seems to upload everything with the upload only changes checked. We have only begun on the site rewriting it from scratch and most of the pages only have nav bars and headings at this point. The second problem is the slow loading of the pages up on the web which if you go see our company page the pages load instantly like our personal page used to but now it loads slowly. Is this because the server is over seas or are we doing something wrong? Don't want to get this site all done and then someone say well you shouldn't have done this or that. Emailing support takes days and hopefully someone on here can help. Thanks.

Default Re: Slow Web Publishing & Viewing

Welcome to TalkGraphics Donna

I have moved this to the Web Design Chat forum.

This does not sound right. Have you tried publishing the site to a folder on your desktop and then using something like FileZilla to upload the pages and folders to your server? If you do this and the site still takes a long time to upload then it might be your own internet connection speed, or it might just be a problem with your web host.

You can test your connection upload and download speed here http://www.speedtest.net/ What speed do you get?

Our speed is fine, everything else loads great. Any idea why it uploads everything every time when we have the box checked to just upload changed items?

It does not upload everything even though it appears to be doing so. Xara does check each object to see if it has changed.

But my other question is does the site load slowly with Filezilla?

Your profile shows Designer Pro 7. Is this correct?

I am not sure if Xara offered a free Xara.Hosting site with version 7, but if so, have you tried uploading to xara.hosting?

Your sites load very quickly Donna so it's not a download issue. So perhaps it's an upload problem. What is your upload speed?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

We are using Xara Designer Pro X 15.1.0.53605 dl x64 May 3 2018.

We haven't tried any other method such as Filezilla, we have only published through the Xara program.

We have another Xara website at www.PhoenixGlass.biz that is very intense (63 pages and 2877 images). It is written and published in the same manner with the same Xara software over the years but hosted on a US webserver by Ipower that has no issues that we can complain about, when we view the pages they load instantly and publishing uploads changes and additions quickly.

We are thinking that the problems with the speed may be either the free hosting is throttled or limited or when we first started the site the software templates had the mobile version page included in it, which we deleted thinking that may be the problem but we didn't see a change. Maybe there is something in our Xara hosting index directory left over from that causing a problem. On the Ipower server we have the capability of viewing and editing on the hosting server but we have not found any thing like that on the Xara server.

As far as the viewing our speed is fine on everything else we view, seems the folks in Germany and now I see the chap above in England it loads fine for him too but they are a lot closer to the server than us, don't know that it matters. Here is a screenshot of what we see on our site at http://www.rotorwayfun.com/whats-new.htm

Hello again Donna. perhaps I looked at the wrong site. I've had a look again and it's as slow as treacle. Here's a video:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I believe the problem may lay in your menu's, the rest of the site loads well but it's the menu that's slowing it to a crawl.

However to check this out I'd need to see your web file, but not the whole site. Perhaps you could open your Xara site, open the page & layer gallery, right click over the index page icon and select copy page. Then create a new website, open the page & layer gallery and paste the page into this. Save & attached here.
    Egg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy of index page-01.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	121848
    Hopefully this is what you wanted to see? If not we will do it again. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping.

Hi Donna,

No I meant your xar or web file, the one you get when you hit 'Save'. However I only require the index page as your website is fairly large & probably will be to large to attach to TG.
    Egg