Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Slow Web Publishing & Viewing

Your sites load very quickly Donna so it's not a download issue. So perhaps it's an upload problem. What is your upload speed?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

We are using Xara Designer Pro X 15.1.0.53605 dl x64 May 3 2018.

We haven't tried any other method such as Filezilla, we have only published through the Xara program.

We have another Xara website at www.PhoenixGlass.biz that is very intense (63 pages and 2877 images). It is written and published in the same manner with the same Xara software over the years but hosted on a US webserver by Ipower that has no issues that we can complain about, when we view the pages they load instantly and publishing uploads changes and additions quickly.

We are thinking that the problems with the speed may be either the free hosting is throttled or limited or when we first started the site the software templates had the mobile version page included in it, which we deleted thinking that may be the problem but we didn't see a change. Maybe there is something in our Xara hosting index directory left over from that causing a problem. On the Ipower server we have the capability of viewing and editing on the hosting server but we have not found any thing like that on the Xara server.

As far as the viewing our speed is fine on everything else we view, seems the folks in Germany and now I see the chap above in England it loads fine for him too but they are a lot closer to the server than us, don't know that it matters. Here is a screenshot of what we see on our site at http://www.rotorwayfun.com/whats-new.htm

Hello again Donna. perhaps I looked at the wrong site. I've had a look again and it's as slow as treacle. Here's a video:

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I believe the problem may lay in your menu's, the rest of the site loads well but it's the menu that's slowing it to a crawl.

However to check this out I'd need to see your web file, but not the whole site. Perhaps you could open your Xara site, open the page & layer gallery, right click over the index page icon and select copy page. Then create a new website, open the page & layer gallery and paste the page into this. Save & attached here.
    Egg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy of index page-01.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	121848
    Hopefully this is what you wanted to see? If not we will do it again. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping.

Hi Donna,

No I meant your xar or web file, the one you get when you hit 'Save'. However I only require the index page as your website is fairly large & probably will be to large to attach to TG.
    Egg

This thread might help re attaching xar/web files:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...812#post597812
    Egg

copy of index page-02.xar

Ok try this one. Thanks again.

Okay Donna, I've looked at your page and can't see any issue with the menus. So I published the page to my website and it loads fast as expected, so I expect it may have to do with the host (Magix?) or a corrupt file on the server.

Here's the page on my server. Does it load slowly?

LINK
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaH View Post
    We are using Xara Designer Pro X 15.1.0.53605 dl x64 May 3 2018.

We haven't tried any other method such as Filezilla, we have only published through the Xara program.

We have another Xara website at www.PhoenixGlass.biz that is very intense (63 pages and 2877 images). It is written and published in the same manner with the same Xara software over the years but hosted on a US webserver by Ipower that has no issues that we can complain about, when we view the pages they load instantly and publishing uploads changes and additions quickly.

We are thinking that the problems with the speed may be either the free hosting is throttled or limited or when we first started the site the software templates had the mobile version page included in it, which we deleted thinking that may be the problem but we didn't see a change. Maybe there is something in our Xara hosting index directory left over from that causing a problem. On the Ipower server we have the capability of viewing and editing on the hosting server but we have not found any thing like that on the Xara server.

As far as the viewing our speed is fine on everything else we view, seems the folks in Germany and now I see the chap above in England it loads fine for him too but they are a lot closer to the server than us, don't know that it matters. Here is a screenshot of what we see on our site at http://www.rotorwayfun.com/whats-new.htm
    If you are comfortable with poking around your US based server, create a subdirectory under the main directory for your other site (usually public_html) and call it anything you want (like rotorway or test) and publish your rotorway site there. You can then get to it by going to the home page of your glass biz and adding "/(subdirectory folder name you chose)/index.htm" to the url, without the quote marks. That should open up the rotorway site and you can see how fast it loads from that server.