Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default import designs to prox

I have been conned to get 365 thinking all the designs would stay on even if I didn't upgrade .....but all are gone..... I have been trying to import the designs from my pro11 which is still on my computer but all the folders come in as green folders and nothing but a thumbnail in them .......what am I doing wrong .

Thanks Mike

wordpress is looking a good alternative at the mo.
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: import designs to prox

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    I have been conned to get 365 thinking all the designs would stay on even if I didn't upgrade .....but all are gone..... I have been trying to import the designs from my pro11 which is still on my computer but all the folders come in as green folders and nothing but a thumbnail in them .......what am I doing wrong .
    Thanks Mike
    wordpress is looking a good alternative at the mo.
    Mike, I click the Local Designs gallery Disc designs button and add this folder to access all my v11 stuff: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\1 1\Cache\designs\eng.
    For XWDP, I use C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Xara\WebDesigner Premium\11\Cache\designs\eng. These even add the Template Packs and Widget Packs I bought.
    <username> is your MS Windows account name.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XARA CATS.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	121514
    I did that Acorn and all I get is the attach and all folders are green and only get a thumbnail ....no pages.......I must be doing something wrong.

thanks
    Mike
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

So angry that I can't get what I had paid for...... I didn't think I would have to download all the content as I had paid for it .... ok I understand that any new content would have to be paid for but not past content that I could have downloaded.
    Is there anyone that has the content that I can get....or is that against the rules ...
    Why don't Xara value their loyal customers I have upgraded since pro6 and got 3D ,Xtreme .... beats me.
    Sorry Acorn just feel ripped off.
    Thanks for your help

Mike

Mike, have you tried dragging the website onto your page?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes .....just get nothing....... guess you was watching football ....lol

Just checked some other folders and some are there ....but most are missing.

Mike

Name:	xara 2.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	121515
    Attached is all I got in my design gallery ....... not much for what I paid.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post

Name:	xara 2.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	121515
    Attached is all I got in my design gallery ....... not much for what I paid.

Mike
    Mike, the green folder should expand though.

Name:	LDG.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	121517

Even if you just see a website, all the associated design objects will be there.

Acorn

Name:	xara 3.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	121518
    That's the problem Acorn ...they are not there as in attached ...they are all greyed out.

Mike
    Thanks for ur time

Mike, I meant you can import the entire website template and use parts of that.

My guess is that Xara makes changes to the on-line content and even when you are no longer in support cover, each Desktop application start-up connects to the Xara servers and that connection downloads the metadata changes for Xara's latest changes.
    The problem then is your downloaded content is possibly deleted by Xara as part of its housekeeping. We saw this happen totally once before when Xara mucked up.

The remedy is to have the CD or copy all the cache contents to a different folder that Xara doesn't know about.

It is all very sad and spiteful yet Xara doesn't seem to understand the pain and anger is is creating despite all our remonstrations.

Acorn