Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down Online Content Catalogue Templates

Dear Xara...

Why are there templates in the Xara Cloud (XC) listings that are no in the Desktop applications Online Content Catalogue (OCC)? http://www.xara.com/templates/

Business Cards
    6 designs not available to the Desktop.

Presentation Themes only in XC
    1. Car
    2. Cardealer
    3. Company
    4. Corporate
    5. Enterprise
    6. Fitness Trainer
    7. Galaxy
    8. Growing Company
    9. Landscape
    10. Law Firm
    11. Logistics
    12. Marketing Agency
    13. Milestone
    14. Motorcycle
    15. Neon
    16. New Fashion
    17. Pitch
    18. Restaurant
    19. Security
    20. Serviced Apartment
    21. Software Service
    22. Sport
    23. Startup
    24. Startup Pitch Desk
    25. Summer
    26. Transport
    27. Trip
    28. Work

Facebook & other Social Media
    Little or nothing in the Desktop.

Product Sheets
    One in the OCC, 9 in XC.

Seriously, the list goes on.

Templates are easy to "publish" to the OCC as they don't require a Desktop application update, the main thing where you are failing your Customers in desktop land.

Now anyone can sign up for the Xara Cloud and you may think you are gaining market penetration.
    Would it be silly to find it was just a plunder call and all your SaaS business predictions fall flat?

The scores for E-Books & Resumes are 0/7 & 5/13 in OCC/XC are quite telling; you don't appreciate the depth of interest and capability your loyal Customer base has.
    If you did, you would be "publishing" all of these templates, trumpeting "We care!" Some might believe, have faith and renew their Update Service.

Matt Bolton's Open Letter:
    Secondly, Xara is not pivoting from the Desktop products. We will continue, as we always have, to release new features and performance improvements on a consistent basis. What we are doing is investing in new areas of growth, but the existing business around the Desktop products remains strong. The rich content creation market is massive yet highly competitive and we believe Xara is well positioned to drive the market forward.

The third is that we aim to attack the business market with Xara Online and we will be delivering a feature set consistent with those requirements. Xara Online will work seamlessly with Xara Desktop files which allows Desktop customers to reap the benefits of these complementary features. It is our job to best balance all customer feedback as we aggressively grow the customer base in new markets.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Online Content Catalogue Templates

Hi

The content team are regularly adding new content for Xara Cloud and a large number of these updates also make it into the OCC. Additional content is also created specifically for the desktop products.

The last Major OCC update was in June as announced https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Catalog-Update. Prior to this, the OCC was also updated as part of the product updates in May 2018. http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro/ We are therefore continuing to release new features and updated content on a consistent basis and as ive previously mentioned we are continuing with the product development along with research to allow us to deliver further updates later within the year.

Its not always as simple as adding XC content into OCC. Certain content requires different markup rules and the product owners decide on what content should be included based on feedback. We will therefore forward your suggestion on adding the E-Books and Resumes.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Hi

The content team are regularly adding new content for Xara Cloud and a large number of these updates also make it into the OCC. Additional content is also created specifically for the desktop products.

The last Major OCC update was in June as announced https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Catalog-Update. Prior to this, the OCC was also updated as part of the product updates in May 2018. http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro/ We are therefore continuing to release new features and updated content on a consistent basis and as ive previously mentioned we are continuing with the product development along with research to allow us to deliver further updates later within the year.

Its not always as simple as adding XC content into OCC. Certain content requires different markup rules and the product owners decide on what content should be included based on feedback. We will therefore forward your suggestion on adding the E-Books and Resumes.

Thank you.
    Bhavesh, thank you.

The point I was trying to make is that the Xara Cloud gets regular updates, content and functionality; it is now Version 42. I don't recall its version number at full launch.
    Additions to the OCC should be as frequent.

If I can dip into the XC and open a template, I can save it as a Cloud file and re-open it in my Desktop application, your integrated environment.
    I can clearly save it locally. It therefore ought to be in the OCC.
    I was putting the case for aligning all the XC Templates into the OCC. Clearly, the OCC has to be the superset until XC can deliver full website capability.

"product owners" sounds like Xara GmbH are acting as the head of the family and good-old Xara Desktop application is the orphaned cousin looking for OCC handouts; the exact opposite of what Matt Bolton has been asserting.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for your feedback Acorn.

We are continuing to provide solutions, updates & features across the range and have released both desktop product updates and OCC updates over the last two months. Content between XC and the desktop products is always likely to differ. The same is true between the different desktop products.

There's a large amount of content provided within the OCC which is not available in XC and one of the reasons is the products differ in functionality and user experience. It can be argued that each product appeals to a different user base so this will always be the case. Additionally releasing content in the OCC is more invovling than what meets the eye.

The product owners along with the management team always provide careful consideration during feature development. There are times when features are initially released in the desktop products and not included within XC for a variety of reasons and the opposite can also be true. The point is our desktop product range along with the customers and the entire talkgraphics community are extremely valued and appreciated.

Your suggestion of including the e-books and resumes has already been forwarded and please feel free to pm me or contact me via email if you wish to discuss this further.

Thanks again

Bhavesh, thank you for the clarifications. I do appreciate XC has different emphases over the Desktop applications and i can understand the mechanics around maintaining the OCC schema with its metadata.
    I also understand the end user perception and sometimes a product owner might not have a full suite of User Stories or Scenarios to test against. That is where user interaction through TG should be seen as the mother lode. Free consultancy!

Acorn