Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Online Content Catalogue Templates

Thanks for your feedback Acorn.

We are continuing to provide solutions, updates & features across the range and have released both desktop product updates and OCC updates over the last two months. Content between XC and the desktop products is always likely to differ. The same is true between the different desktop products.

There's a large amount of content provided within the OCC which is not available in XC and one of the reasons is the products differ in functionality and user experience. It can be argued that each product appeals to a different user base so this will always be the case. Additionally releasing content in the OCC is more invovling than what meets the eye.

The product owners along with the management team always provide careful consideration during feature development. There are times when features are initially released in the desktop products and not included within XC for a variety of reasons and the opposite can also be true. The point is our desktop product range along with the customers and the entire talkgraphics community are extremely valued and appreciated.

Your suggestion of including the e-books and resumes has already been forwarded and please feel free to pm me or contact me via email if you wish to discuss this further.

Thanks again

Default Re: Online Content Catalogue Templates

Bhavesh, thank you for the clarifications. I do appreciate XC has different emphases over the Desktop applications and i can understand the mechanics around maintaining the OCC schema with its metadata.
    I also understand the end user perception and sometimes a product owner might not have a full suite of User Stories or Scenarios to test against. That is where user interaction through TG should be seen as the mother lode. Free consultancy!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat