Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website missing files when uploading

Hello! I uploaded a new webpage to www.hairbyarika.com. It looked fine when I viewed it on my desktop. When I uploaded it twice to the server to try to get it to come up right, but the slideshow (done in a with another program called "WOW" that has always worked before.) The slideshow doesn't fade from one to the other like it's supposed to. But it does correctly on my desktop, and some of the photos are not complete. Also an image that's suppose to be on the mobile variant is not there. I find that this is happening more and more when I upload my exported xara sites to the server.

Here's the link:

www.hairbyarika.com

I't's just one page.

I'll attach a compressed folder of the files I have exported so you can see what it's supposed to look like.

Thanmks for your help.

Poouster
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Website missing files when uploading

OK, I may not need your help. I just uploaded the site to another folder and it looked fine:

http://www.longviewtrinitylutheran.com/hairbyar/

I'll upload it to the correct folder and it may be fine. But if you can tell me why files seem to be missing or trunkated when i upload a website. It would be a big help.

Poouster

The slideshow on the hair site works for me in Firefox. Both versions. The only difference I see if you changed the sequence to fade.

No issue with slideshow but you have an issue with your menu. One of the buttons is only half a button???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

How are you uploading your site, via an ftp program or Xara's inbuilt ftp method?

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm not sure if this is what is causing the button problem. But I see that you have added the slide show using a iframe.

I copy the relevant body and head script from the index.html that WOW creates and paste this into a placeholder (a simple rectangle).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wow script.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	121498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	placeholder.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	121499