Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeated image in export

Hi All,

Why do I get repeated export (to disk) of the same button I use? Should there not be only 2, one for mobile and the other for Desktop? Any idea why so many?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	121488  

Default Re: Repeated image in export

When you create a button and use it in a navbar the button shape & text need to be made a group. In doing so each individual button is exported as a bitmap with both the MouseOff and MouseOver button states. And as each menu button will have different text, then there will also be different MouseOff and MouseOver images for each of these too.

Acorn champions css buttons and I can't fault him on this
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Fair Egg, but this blue button is one I made and it is not part of the top navigation buttons. It is used on all the pages in the website.

Xara rattles through each page and when it finds an image (NavBar button group), it creates a newly minted filename for it even it is a clone used on the last four hundred pages and ninety nine on your site.

Egg is right, it is one of my pet hates of Xara's overberaing approach to forcing a NavBar to be a Shape grouped with Text.
    It is possible to isolate each button, (off, rollover, visited) and add a Name, filename="nBarButton<Text><Layer>"; a thing Xara should be doing so that when you do have a 500-page website you don't get 1,500 images that a visitor has to download.

CSS3 NavBars are cleaner.

For your blue button, you can easily Name it (filename="blueButton") and then Repeat on all pages so you will get a MouseOff, MouseOver and do the same for the Variant unless it is the self-same image.
    Oh and soft-group the Text on the Shape so the same Named Shape could be used for different button labels.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn, your amazing. I know I copy pasted it for each page. Like you said I should soft group and repeat on all pages.