Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation New Xara Desktop Application Features

Dear Xara...

Matt Bolton, your CEO, stated in his Open Letter, "Xara Online will work seamlessly with Xara Desktop files which allows Desktop customers to reap the benefits of these complementary features."

The Premium Xara Cloud now boasts:

• "Photo AI to create a color [sic] scheme from any image". This is extended in the Team, to be released, "Photo AI with auto brand".
    • "Import & export fully editable .pdf & .ppt documents"
    • "Direct access to multiple free photo libraries"

I look forward to seeing these deployed into the Desktop applications.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: New Xara Desktop Application Features

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Matt Bolton, your CEO, stated in his Open Letter, "Xara Online will work seamlessly with Xara Desktop files which allows Desktop customers to reap the benefits of these complementary features."
    Seriously? Xara Online can't even handle layers. Don't even get me started!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Seriously? Xara Online can't even handle layers. Don't even get me started!
    But Egg, if Xara asserts that it can handle editable PDFs and PDF support layers therefore Xara Cloud...

Where has my syllogism gone wrong?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, you use words I often have no understanding of and often have to Google. Syllogism is an example, but loved this explanation:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Syllogism.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	121502  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

here's a quote from the xara designer pro features page:

Xara Designer Pro has full support for importing and exporting Adobe Photoshop® PSD files including layer support.
    maybe someone from xara can explain why, if there is full support... including layer support... clip layers and effect layers are not supported... in what way do these not come under the heading of full ?

not supporting effect layers I can understand from a technical point of view, but not clip - even a program developed by just one person, paintool sai, can manage clip layer support, how come xara cannot?

either way, the use of full in your marketing is at best mis-leading and at worst disingenuous untruth
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Let's be honest, here, Clip layers and Effects layers only exist because Photoshop is such a rubbish tool and that was the only way they could make that functionality work. OTOH, Xara allows you to apply all your effects non-destructively in the first place, no need to keep them on a separate layer, and it allows clip objects/groups. So the functionality is not only there but it is implemented in a far better way. You just need to adapt your workflow to take full advantage of it, rather than expect Xara to change to fit in with you.
    Asus Zenbook Duo, 12th Gen Core i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 (fully updated). bandcamp.novakill.com

you know Bones, some of us get fed up with the non-destructive way of doing things, for bitmaps at least, after the 100th time of having to make a bitmap copy to enable a feature to be applied to the current object's state [and not the underlying source object - bitmap tracer for example]

explain to me how I can paint inside a clipview object in xara without having to edit inside which then loses sight of the rest of the workspace and therefore the clipviewed object's context

Photoshop clip layers are excellent for this purpose...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hey Bones! How long has it been?

for bitmaps at least, after the 100th time of having to make a bitmap copy to enable a feature to be applied to the current object's state
    See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flatten.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	121917  

yes and that is an additional step right...

since I dont need non distructive [because, dare I say it, I know what I am doing, and where I am going long term] it is yet another example of how the so called 'fast' progam is actually a drag
    Nothing lasts forever...