Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Delete Added Pages

Whoops sorry missed that Gary.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Did as you said and the pasted page deleted OK

Egg My reply to Gary is shown. Just for information most pages are constructed in Word and then drag and dropped onto Xara page. End result as per www.rutlandcountyseniors.com .
    Also attached an error message I receive every time I open Xara and copy of some of the pages from Page & Layer Gallery. The page without titles are the pages I cannot delete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture Pages from Gallery.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	121491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture Time Out Error.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	121490  

Terry, can you add a page title to those that don't have one?
    Better way might be to create a page first and drop the MS Word stuff second.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn I can name the page to be deleted OK, see attached. In layers I can see I have a text area but still cannot delete it.
    I do create a page first and then drag and drop Word files. Apologies have been away playing golf, there are priorities in life. Terry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture Layers for deletion.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	121497  

My advice is not to use MS Word documents Tel. If you drag & drop a word document into a web document in Xara the Word document may well contain several pages, normally in A4 size. This is what's creating the additional pages, and as you state if you try to delete them they instantly recreate themselves.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg I receive reports from various people and the site is updated on a daily/weekly basis, also I have to use excel documents which I put into a Word table so I can import into Xara. Life would be too complicated if I cannot use this facility. I really do need to resolve this problem. Terry

By dragging and dropping a word document into Xara this will happen all the time if the document is greater than a single page. I no longer have MS Word on my machine but I remember it had a function to export as website. Have you tried this route?
    Egg

Terry, I wouldn't drop it directly into the main site.
    Just import into another design file and once xara has done its conversions, you can copy & paste back into the main site, having edited away what you need to.

You are the Master.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg The current Word app does not include "the export to Web" facility. However Acorn your suggestion worked, thank you.
    It seems a pity that all the facilities appear to be there to disconnect the overflow, however I realise it for a normal text page and not an object. You are correct Egg Word automatically puts in a hidden overflow command. With every problem I learn something. Thanks to you both.