Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hyperlinks in text breaking across lines

I have some hyperlinks in a text box. In some variants of my site, the text of the link splits across multiple lines. Where this happens, the text on each line becomes a separate link, and is obvious because the hover effects only apply to the line behind hovered over and not the subsequent line. Is there any way I can avoid this?

Info Re: Hyperlinks in text breaking across lines

HREFs and POPUPs on a Line.web
    Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    I have some hyperlinks in a text box. In some variants of my site, the text of the link splits across multiple lines. Where this happens, the text on each line becomes a separate link, and is obvious because the hover effects only apply to the line behind hovered over and not the subsequent line. Is there any way I can avoid this?
    I uncovered this behaviour years back and reported it.

It is because Xara treats each line as a separate HTML SPAN.

The only known way to overcome this it to select the text block and apply a special Name: HTMLBlockText. (Utilities > Names).
    You then need to include some JavaScript.

HREFs and POPUPs on a Line.web has all the code in the Blue Pin so just copy & paste onto your page.
    I am amazed it still works after five years: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...480#post487480.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat