Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What to do for a client if I am away?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I believe the end users license agreement says you can install one product on three computers.
    Two computers!
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I believe the end users license agreement says you can install one product on three computers.

You can continue to use the copy you have purchased. But if you don't succumb to the extortion and renew your subscription, then you do not have access to the content catalog. But the program itself is fully functional including the ability to publish your files. You just loose access to the online content and upgrades and bug fixes.

So here's the deal. If you intend to use the product to produce websites for money, and you plan to make this a business, then pay for the upgrade. It's a business expense. If this is more of a one off, then don't upgrade.

There is a forum here for the Cloud https://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdi...line-Designer) and that's the best place to get a real answer to your question because I just don't know.
    I don't plan to use the program to make money. The client is my daughter who started a theatre company. The material changes constantly with new shows, auditions, etc like any other theatre company website. I had created her personal website with Web Easy Professional 10 a few years ago, but it was kind of a nightmare and no real forum. I should have stated that up front instead of calling her a "client". I apologize for that.

Regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by craftech View Post
    It's a website for a new theatre company which will be conducting auditions in August. Auditions, cast selections, notifications are very much in flux all the time.

I'll check out the second suggestion about EGG. The director uses Google Docs all the time as a means of communication.

Thanks
    Unable to find a program called "Egg" Is this what you meant ?:

https://www.crazyegg.com/blog/put-fo...-your-website/

John

Egg is Egg Bramill who is one of the long time members of this group.

If you have a laptop then install the program on the laptop and you can publish from anywhere.

If you have a laptop then install the program on the laptop and you can publish from anywhere.
    Found the original download and installed it on my laptop. Registered it with the original serial number. Downloaded the content catalog. Registered the .web files when I was asked (Not sure what that is all about). Put the .web file I am working on onto a SD card. Transferred it to the proper folder on the laptop and the web file opened. Declined to "update".

Seems good so far Gary. I'll probably just give my daughter the laptop when I go away in case she needs it to change something. I called her and she is very happy.

Thanks everyone for the generous help.

Regards,

John

Cool! Registering the .web file means that if you double click on a file with a .web extension, it will open the file in Web Designer automatically.

Your daughter is very lucky. And please let he know if she has any questions to ask them here and tell us that John sent her.

Cool! Registering the .web file means that if you double click on a file with a .web extension, it will open the file in Web Designer automatically.

Your daughter is very lucky. And please let he know if she has any questions to ask them here and tell us that John sent her.
    Thanks Gary. That was really nice.

Regards,

John

Hi John, I can confirm I'm not software My name is Eric but I prefer the nick name Egg.

I had great hopes for Xara Cloud (formerly Online Designer) as a method of amending / editing Xara created websites. In my opinion it seems to have veered way off course until I no longer understand where it's supposed to be positioned.

That said, fortunately it can still be used to amend / edit .web/.xar files in the cloud with a reasonable understanding and presently as free software without your client / daughter needing a copy of Xara's software.

I feel Xara, as this is their flagship software, is missing out on decent tutorials re this matter so for now you'll have to put up with my effort

Watch full screen.

Couple of other points:
    • When you reopen the web/xar file it loads the latest amended/edited version created via Xara Cloud into Xara. Sweet
    • You can edit the pages on any platform, not just windows.

Word of caution. Retain a copy of the xar/web file on your local hard-drive in case your client / daughter makes a mess up
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 30 June 2018 at 12:08 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

WOW ! I cannot believe you took the time to do that. I (and I am sure everyone else) truly appreciate it Egg.

"Egg woz 'ere"............................... I love it.

Thanks again,

John