Default Bug in PDF-Export in XDP V15.1.0

Dear Xara,
    if I export to PDF/X-1a for print I got following font error in writen PDF:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_pdf_V15.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	121459

Translation: The embedded font "IWUSEV+FrutigerLTStd-Bold" could not be removed. Some characters may not be displayed or printed correctly.

The same PDF-Export with XDP V12.8.1.50861 is korrekt without font embeding error.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_pdf_V12.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	121460

Please fix it asap.

Guest Guest

Default Re: Bug in PDF-Export in XDP V15.1.0

I can confirm this. This seems to be font-dependent, though: Some work, others don't.

This is just great. Now I have to decide between V15 with this PDF font bug and V12, which adds an unwanted white "page" background shape to all exported PDF documents - a bug that was never fixed, btw.

Come on guys. PDF export is bread and butter business for a design software...

Hi Ikari,
    the white Pagebackground in PDF/X-1a or 3a is normal because this versions flatten all transparancies. Take an PDF/X-1a from Indesign or an other DTP-Software and you will find this Background too.

The only way to be safe in output for print in XDP v15 is to transform fonts to objects. An other workaround I found is the way to mark the font who makes trouble and change i.E. the weight and then change back. Then export to PDF and voilá it works.

But bug is bug. So pls Xara correct it.

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    Hi Ikari,
    the white Pagebackground in PDF/X-1a or 3a is normal because this versions flatten all transparancies. Take an PDF/X-1a from Indesign or an other DTP-Software and you will find this Background too.
    I don't see this is any other DTP software but XDPX V12.8... InDesign, Illustrator and Affinity Designer don't do this, neither did/do Xara versions before or after V12.8... See here for our discussion about this back in last September: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...he-last-update

But anyway, back to the new V15 issue at hand...
    Last edited by Guest; 02 July 2018 at 10:39 AM.

The white background is only created when the transparency is reduced.
    Please write an object and some text in XDP 12 to a PDF/X-1a, without transparency or shadow or other effects. There is no white background.
    In contrast to v15, v12 writes correct PDF.

What happens if you remove the the page shadow before export. I don't then get a white background in the export using v15

Example:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    What happens if you remove the the page shadow before export. I don't then get a white background in the export using v15

Example:
    As far as I remember, the issue with the white page background was fixed in v.15. It didn't have anything to do with the page border/shadow.

I can no longer replicate that now Mike. It exports without the background white rectangle either with or without the page shadow. Very odd.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

HI Ernie, I sent you a private message to provide you with an email address to submit the file and the font too. This will allow us to try and reproduce and resolve the issue.

Many thanks

I have found that exporting a document that includes a CHECKMARK in WINGDINGS font changes the character on output which I consider a bug. It NEVER did that in earlier versions, and still doesn't. Something has been changed in the export, and no-one but me seems to care. I'm sure the same bug is responsible for a number of the PDF issue threads that have been posted recently.

Refer also to this thread ... https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...t-Changes-Text
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.