Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Table 09

Unhappy Table 09

Dear Xara...

Clearly Table 09 is your perception of a minimalist table template.

Even this is problematic.

A single Theme colour "Page Background" that colours the Table Caption and the Inner Padding interstices.
    The Table Caption needs to be a merged cells grouping, which Smart Tables cannot achieve.
    Grouping vertically would provide a left or right Table Caption.

Thick Lines obscure cell content.

Setting up widths and height is very hit and miss as the size presentation vanishes on selecting the control.

Text entry is tedious.
    Copying a row or column can be tricked but you have to work it out.
    There is no cell tabbing; it all has to be done with mouse clicks.

You cannot import table data.
    Pasting a table into MS Word, etc delivers an image.
    The HTML is a mess of cell-by-cell collections of images and spans requiring in-line CSS vendor prefixes.

There is no column head sorting.
    Filtering might have swung it.

All Table 09 had to be was a one cell template.
    That way I could configure the font, its size and cell alignment, the cell size and colour and then clone up the rows and columns.
    That way I could have stripy horizontal, vertical or tartan cell colouring without having to knock back everything down to one cell.

Your other Smart Table templates are mainly derivatives of the basic concept so making it work properly for Table 09 would be a big step.
    Copying rows or columns with embedded shapes and images would be next.
    Finally, getting hyperlinking set up cleanly is my third area.
    Proper zebra striping, my fourth.

Acorn

P.S. In using Table 09, I managed to get an Internal program error 2183.k.co.gr.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Table 09

I don't know if this Table 09 problem is referred to above or elsewhere. When I finish adding some text to a cell the blue highlight remains active. The only way around (and it's not what I want to do) is to ungroup the table and delete the blue (and green!) boxes. I've attached this example .xar file as well as a screenshot of what happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table 09.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	122161
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: Table 09

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    I don't know if this Table 09 problem is referred to above or elsewhere. When I finish adding some text to a cell the blue highlight remains active. The only way around (and it's not what I want to do) is to ungroup the table and delete the blue (and green!) boxes. I've attached this example .xar file as well as a screenshot of what happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table 09.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	122161
    Yes, it is rather annoying.

All I have managed to find, by chance, is to Shift+Click into the offending blue cell.

It should not publish!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat