Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDF Prints ok but looks horrible on the screen

Hello,

Yes, yes, this brochure trundles on. I have now finished it, but cannot let it go to the client, because the PDF looks so vile (even when viewed at 100%). It prints ok. But it looks terrible on the screen. There are shadows where no shadows exist. The type is all over the place, with random gaps. In one text box, paragraphs with an identical style will look different. Some bold, some blurred. Oddly, some text in a table looks fine, which makes no sense, as it is the same as most of the text in the document.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't even save myself by importing it into Serif PagePlus, as it won't open the PDF now. I face having to rebuild it in that program, though, if I can't get it to display properly as a PDF from Xara. It's never-ending...

Still wondering whether Crimson Text is a culprit, although, frankly, things weren't much better in other fonts.

Ali

Default Re: PDF Prints ok but looks horrible on the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Hello,

Yes, yes, this brochure trundles on. I have now finished it, but cannot let it go to the client, because the PDF looks so vile (even when viewed at 100%). It prints ok. But it looks terrible on the screen. There are shadows where no shadows exist. The type is all over the place, with random gaps. In one text box, paragraphs with an identical style will look different. Some bold, some blurred. Oddly, some text in a table looks fine, which makes no sense, as it is the same as most of the text in the document.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't even save myself by importing it into Serif PagePlus, as it won't open the PDF now. I face having to rebuild it in that program, though, if I can't get it to display properly as a PDF from Xara. It's never-ending...

Still wondering whether Crimson Text is a culprit, although, frankly, things weren't much better in other fonts.

Ali
    What are you viewing the PDF in?

It would help if you shared the XAR file. Unless you are just venting.

Mike

Hi Mwenz,

Well. I have just discovered something very interesting. If you choose to have the PDF open up after publishing from Xara, it looks terrible. However, I have just opened the same PDF in Acrobat, and it looks very nice. This is a. annoying but b. a big relief.

Wonder why things looks so bad when it first opens up after publishing?

No, I am not just venting. But this is an official brochure for something, and I can't just put in a forum. Sorry.

Looks like it will be ok.

Thanks for responding.

A

What is it opening in when first exported?