Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xara 365

Default Xara 365

I know this might be a stupid question but I have Xara Designer pro x .... I want to upgrade and its £89 .....is this the same as Xara 365

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: Xara 365

No question is stupid when it concerns Xara's product offerings and upgrade schemes. It's very confusing. Xara 365 no longer exists. It's just Designer Pro X. Where did you see that name?

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    I know this might be a stupid question but I have Xara Designer pro x .... I want to upgrade and its £89 .....is this the same as Xara 365
    Mike
    Mike, almost and it is not stupid, it is MagiXara that is playing silly games with bad product fragmentation, naming and marketing.

If you have Xara Designer Pro X already, do first check if you have version 12.4.1 or 12.8.1 and if you can still access the Online Content Catalogue.
    If so, do not pay for the upgrade. Instead, download the Free Trial at https://www.magix.com/gb/photo-graph...-designer-pro/ and install that with your original purchase email address and Serial number.
    The Serial number is the same as your v12 one; use Ctrl+Shift+Alt+1 to view and write it down.

If none of the above apply then use the same URL and the £89 Upgrade button.

Do not uninstall v12.

The 365 part is MagiXara's odious Update Service. After one year (365 days) if you do not "upgrade" you lose on-line content access.
    With or without this the Desktop product is and will always be referred to as Xara Designer Pro X. I am sure the X now stands for not.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	121450Thanks ...I did lose on line content access and was not happy ......was going to start using Wordpress but looked at paying for Xara again .....but was really confused with what I have now ....
    So did they abandon the 365 rip off.

Mike
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Tells me that my update service has expired......guess I gota pay £89 to get the online content

Mike

I had that same problem. Called MAGIX got it all sorted, so everything is OK now

EDIT; Mike, maybe my problem was different. I had renewed in May but had forgotten but kept getting funky notices so renewed again.
    Good thing I had my ser. no tucked away, because I had to un-install and re-install the program.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I think I did uninstall 365...... what do I do now ???

Mike

re-install and register. Hopefully you have the serial. number, and a disk to install from, if not then go to https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/log in open my products and you can get your serial number there.
    If you do not have the program to install and if you have your confirmation email you can download the program there.
    Last edited by wizard509; 27 June 2018 at 11:51 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I have the Pro X disc and serial ..... but not a 365 disc or am I getting confused ...... was the 365 just ProX with on-line content that lasts for one year......or was 365 another version.......also today is the last day that they have the £89 offer on .....so what do I do.??????

Thanks Mike

the important thing is: when did you last buy the product/upgrade

if that is more than 12 months ago you will need to upgrade to keep the online service

if you have forgotten when it was you should be able to check in your magix account
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...