Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi everyone,

I am trying to have a button from with in a Flash movie launch an application on my HardDrive.

can anyone help with this?
    thanks
    IP

Hi everyone,

I am trying to have a button from with in a Flash movie launch an application on my HardDrive.

can anyone help with this?
    thanks
    IP

You can using a line in the launch url command start an exe file. but the problem is that if its on another persons machine it may not be in the same directory file. For that reason use the file you want to open and let the machine use its default program to open it. Hope that helps you out. Regards, Bill

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP

Hey Bill, Thanks for you input.

Actually. What I am trying to do is create an animated movie that would have icons of the application available in a lab and "basically, it's an animated launcher". This movie will be available for that specific lab where all the machines in the lab have the same folder set up.

I tried to call on Word, PowerPoint and other apps but it didn't work for me.

I wonder if anyone have an idea as to how this might work

regards
    architazz
    IP

Try placing the swf in the same folder as the exe for the program, then all you should have to do is have an alias on the desktop to start the swf. And it should all work. just put word.exe in the url command. That should be sure fire.

IP

My bust duhhh. I kept saying URL Command.. its the FS Command!

on (release)
    {fscommand ("exec", "WINWORD.exe");}

and that will work, I just did it myself. You can download a example attached. Regards, Bill

Attached Files Attached Files

IP

Hi Bill, It's me again.

I really appreaciate you help. I tried the code you send, but it didn't work for me. I think that because I am on a Mac, I don't know what to put for the .exe part. do Macs have a different set of extenssions or so.

I wonder if you have any idea about this
    thanks for you help

Architazz
    IP

on the mac (if i remember correctly) you don't have to put the extension. just the path/filename of the application you want to run.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Interactive Developer
    http://www.bluespark.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO