Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with operation of XWD Pro please - probably basic.

I came to XWDPro from Coffee Cup. As a result of that mindset I put the nav bar on every page. Now I'm becoming more familiar with XWDPro my sense is that it's best to put it on one page (index I assume is logical) and allow XWDpro to repeat it on every page. Is This correct?

Am I right in assuming that a sticky nav bar doesn't 'stick' or even appear over a page consisting of a pdf?

One of the four main buttons on my nav bar has nothing linking directly from it but several pages dropping down from it. The 'action' rubric again the main button has acquired an odd link consisting of a square root sign followed by the name of one of the pages - one I certainly down't want to link to. However, I can't remov e the item from the nav bar using the usual method. In practical terms it's not a problem since it doesn't appear on the site but it bothers me that it's crept in unwanted.

Finally I see a number of references on the forum to v15 being flaky. I've owned XWD since v10 at least. Is it a simple matter to remove v15 and install v12 until v15 has its problems sorted? Guidance and help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Philip

Default Re: Help with operation of XWD Pro please - probably basic.

Hi Philip

I think v 15 has been sorted so it is safe to upgrade.

When you edit the nav bar (double click on the Nav Bar to open the Nav Bar Properties menu) check repeat on all pages. You can also opt for all buttons the same width, or adjust buttons to accommodate the text. This second option leaves equal distance between the text.

Not sure about the sticky nav bar and a PDF but my guess is you are correct.

Unlink the button that enables the drop down menu. The mouse over triggers the drop down menu. You may get a warning when you do this. Ignore the warning.

Gary, many thanks. Can I come back to the first question? Do I have to have the nav bar on all pages? Isn't it sufficient to have it on one and click 'repeat on all pages'?

Second, by 'unlink' I assume you mean leave the action blank? If so, I have clicked 'take no action' but this doesn't remove the spurious square root and text in the linking rubric.

Philip

Philip, if you set the button to open a PDF file you'll have no navbar, however if the have the PDF load into a placeholder you should be able to keep a sticky navbar.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg.

Gary, more work this morning shows that my eyesight is failing!

What I mean is that what I thought was a square root symbol followed by 'keyinfo.htm' was in fact a dot (full stop), a forward slash and then the letters. I find I can remove everything except the single dot (full stop). It still has no effect and the program appears to take no action, but I suppose it should bother me that it has popped up out of nowhere. The name of the button is 'Key Information' but there is no page in the site with that name.

What I've not been able to do is to upload the site. the publish routine in XWD is still inert and lifeless. I also tried the 'external routine' exporting to the desktop using the option in the menu and managed to upload 100Mb of photos and pdf but no html etc. Perhaps you need to treat me as a nincompoop and spell out everything because |I'm sure it's me that's screwing up as far as the 'external' routine.

Did you try Run as Administrator?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

If the button isn't required, delete it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	navbar-delete.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	121430  
    Egg