Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: June 2018: Online Content Catalog Update

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdare_web View Post
    I've been using Xara for many years - I downloaded the content pack etc some time ago (after being advised by Xara to do so!)... now - all access to the content that was downloaded has now vanished! Can't access any of it. Contacted Magix and they have told me not intitiled to any of the content unless I pay! Absolutley disgusted!
    Aberdare_web, welcome to TalkGraphics. The Content Installer is still accessible and downloadable through Help > Download Content Installer...

The Content Installer (Pack) is not the same as the Online Content Catalogue objects that are now not accessible to you. Those that you used will still appear in the Local Designs gallery. A lot of background in https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Atal...ics.com%2F+OCC.

I am sorry you have had this shock. Many on TG see this to be a self-defeating approach for Xara to adopt. Despite railing against it, Xara has been intransigent: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ting-Explained.
    We need more to proactively log into TG and express their disquiet. Might #FreeTheOCC be a useful Thread to start and record Posts within?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Aberdare_web, welcome to TalkGraphics. The Content Installer is still accessible and downloadable through Help > Download Content Installer...

The Content Installer (Pack) is not the same as the Online Content Catalogue objects that are now not accessible to you. Those that you used will still appear in the Local Designs gallery. A lot of background in https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Atal...ics.com%2F+OCC.

I am sorry you have had this shock. Many on TG see this to be a self-defeating approach for Xara to adopt. Despite railing against it, Xara has been intransigent: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ting-Explained.
    We need more to proactively log into TG and express their disquiet. Might #FreeTheOCC be a useful Thread to start and record Posts within?

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn.... the software seemed to be playing up and the local designs gallery had vanished and wouldn't reappear! Managed to sort now and they are now back!

I agree that the new way of the update service is a poor step. Much better as it was.... having used Xara for many years going back to one of the earliest versions its a shame it will probably mean I don't fork out for any new software now.

Cheers for the welcome and reply

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdare_web View Post
    ... its a shame it will probably mean I don't fork out for any new software now ...
    You're definitely not alone on that!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

+1 to that for me also......
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11