Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default June 2018: Online Content Catalog Update

Hard on the heels of our recent product update, we’ve just added a large selection of new templates to Web Designer & Web Designer Premium. If you have a current Update Service you’ll see them already in your Online Content Catalog.

In particular we’ve added some modern new web themes, which you’ll find under Single Page Websites and (in Premium only) Business Themes. Plus there are new presentations and social media graphics in Premium, 4 new Tables and lots of interesting new Text Panels.

You can find more details in the current Release Notes @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/web-designer/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June2018.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	121426

We hope you enjoy the new content!

Kate Moir

Lightbulb Re: June 2018: Online Content Catalog Update

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Hard on the heels of our recent product update, we’ve just added a large selection of new templates to Web Designer & Web Designer Premium. If you have a current Update Service you’ll see them already in your Online Content Catalog.
    In particular we’ve added some modern new web themes, which you’ll find under Single Page Websites and (in Premium only) Business Themes. Plus there are new presentations and social media graphics in Premium, 4 new Tables and lots of interesting new Text Panels.
    You can find more details in the current Release Notes @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/web-designer/
    We hope you enjoy the new content!

Kate Moir
    Kate, for the Smart Tables alone, Xara seems to have a busted flush and all it is doing is shuffling its hand.

A few observations:
    1. Did the Xara tester actually try to add a link to the Table 08 Sign Up block and use it? Even if you link the text, there is a span that cannot be linked so the jump link breaks right through the middle of the cell.
    2. Growing the cell rows leaves behind the embedded shapes in Tables 01, 03, 04 and now Tables 07 & 10.
    3. None of the elements under any "smart" SmartShape Group, when picked on the design page it is not highlighted in the Page & Layer gallery when using the Locate function. This completely wrecks any meaningful workflow.
    4. Why does any part of a Smart Table have unnamed colours? Try changing a cell colour when you cannot tell if it is a Theme.

Text Panels. I am at a total loss to the benefit to anyone of having "Shape with text 19". Text bleeds across the blobs; it is not "smart" so I have to select the inner shape and modify it. If this ever appears on a published website, I will be gobsmacked.
    Of course, I was first attracted to "text 19" by the misspelling of a Greek-derived word mixed in with Latin Lorem Ipsum text.

I have diligently searched for the heralded "1 smart shape" in the Release Notes to no avail. What might it be?

In inventing the Online Content Catalogue and hiding all the Design content within the Update Service wrapper, Xara has done its Customers a major disservice.
    At worst, there should be permanently accessible content; let's say, it is all version 10 material before the main rot set in. The rest, Business Templates, new Smart Shapes and the like can be "premium" content that is only part of the Update Service cover.
    At best, it should be everything the version can handle. What are we stealing? A few HTTP calls. What are you gaining? More than you might realise.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: June 2018: Online Content Catalog Update

Name:	xaraa.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	121855 which content I can not use
    I do not do this update , i using Xara Web Designer Premium.. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post

Name:	xaraa.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	121855 which content I can not use
    I do not do this update , i using Xara Web Designer Premium.. thank you
    Until the 14th of August, you are able and allowed to upgrade your Xara Desktop application to v15.1. You are also allowed to use Download All for all of the Online Content Catalogue to store on your computer. You re also allowed to install a second version on another machine. I suggest you do all three. After 14th August, you will not be able to do any of them without paying for an upgrade. If you chose not to upgrade, all of these options go away but you can still use what you have installed and downloaded.

Do read https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ting-Explained carefully.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Until the 14th of August, you are able and allowed to upgrade your Xara Desktop application to v15.1. You are also allowed to use Download All for all of the Online Content Catalogue to store on your computer. You re also allowed to install a second version on another machine. I suggest you do all three. After 14th August, you will not be able to do any of them without paying for an upgrade. If you chose not to upgrade, all of these options go away but you can still use what you have installed and downloaded.

Acorn
    So, I haven't updated since ProX11. I updated yesterday, well I guess upgraded and was genuinely surprised that the content didn't download after the upgrade. Is there any way a person can still get the content download other than downloading it piecemeal from online? And why did this restriction happen? It seems to me to be self defeating to not allow people to download the content regardless of when they've upgraded. It smacks a lot of the way other software companies are going which in my opinion isn't a good way for Xara to go to keep it friendly. I will admit I haven't been following the threads much lately but a lot has been happening in my life so life if penalizing me for not being on here all the time? That truly sucks.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    So, I haven't updated since ProX11. I updated yesterday, well I guess upgraded and was genuinely surprised that the content didn't download after the upgrade. Is there any way a person can still get the content download other than downloading it piecemeal from online? And why did this restriction happen? It seems to me to be self defeating to not allow people to download the content regardless of when they've upgraded. It smacks a lot of the way other software companies are going which in my opinion isn't a good way for Xara to go to keep it friendly. I will admit I haven't been following the threads much lately but a lot has been happening in my life so life if penalizing me for not being on here all the time? That truly sucks.
    Ed, if you go on a treasure hunt, you will find https://help.xara.com/article/185-ho...gner-templates.

Your starting position is Help > More Xara [program name] > Support pages > Xara Desktop: Enter button - simply so far.
    In essence, right-click on each of the top folders in the Local dsigns gallery and pick Download All. You might end up with 2.3Gb of data. Xara then has a tendency to obsolete templates without notice, or in error, and things disappear. I copy off to separate media.

Some background you will need to at least know about: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...186#post592186.

Acorn

Thanks very much Acorn,

Funny, your name being Acorn and I'm heavily into Acorn computers from the UK....... in fact run a gaming site in the UK even though I'm in Canada (west coast)

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Thanks very much Acorn, Funny, your name being Acorn and I'm heavily into Acorn computers from the UK....... in fact run a gaming site in the UK even though I'm in Canada (west coast)
    I chose Acorn for that reason. Brought up on Atom, Proton & Electron, taught BBC Basic, coded in ARM, small homage, in its way.

Acorn

So, are you also on the *. site and the Acorn FB page?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn
    I've been using Xara for many years - I downloaded the content pack etc some time ago (after being advised by Xara to do so!)... now - all access to the content that was downloaded has now vanished! Can't access any of it. Contacted Magix and they have told me not intitiled to any of the content unless I pay! Absolutley disgusted!