Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anchor links on menu work on the main variant but not the mobile

Any idea what I could be doing wrong that's making the anchor links work on the main variant, but the links on the mobile variant go to the page, but not the anchor.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Poouster

Default Re: Anchor links on menu work on the main variant but not the mobile

Got a link url Poouster? And what mobile/tablet shows this behaviour?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg,

Here ya go:

http://www.longviewtrinitylutheran.com/iaai-exported/

One example is under About / Chapter bylaws

The desktop variant goes to the correct place.

When I set my browser window so the mobile variant comes up, it just goes to the top of the about page.

I haven't tried it on an actual mobile device.

Poouster

Hi Poouster, you have two different links on the variants:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anchor-link.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	121419  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Oh. Ok, so they should both be "constitution-bylaws"?

Poouster

Oh. Ok, so they should both be "constitution-bylaws"?
    I would suggest so but there's no reason why you can't have two different named anchors, but for simplicities sake I prefer a single anchor name
    Egg

OK. I thought I fixed it so that they had the same name, but when I click "Bylaws and Constitution" (under About), it goes to the correct place on the desktop variant, but only goes to the top of the page on the mobile variant. The other anchor links do the same thing. ("Application" under membership and "Related Links" under contact).

Don't sweat this. Just let me know if you see anything blatant.

Poouster

Pooster, I'd need to view your web file to pinpoint this issue
    Egg

When I try to upload it, I get a red exclamation mark. There's nothing that tells me how to delete previous attachments (I have a lot) perhaps that's why I'm getting the red exclamation mark. Anyway, it won't upload. It's only 3.7 MB. it shouldn't be a problem.

There is a size limit on attachments but I can't remember what it is. You could upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive or similar and post the 'share' link here.
    Egg